• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cell phones - What are you packin'?

Actually that door is very simple to replace and can be purchased for about 2 bucks. A lot of people have been having the same issue. I've been wanting to just remove it because its a PITA, but then I would probably drop it in the water. grin

I spent $35 for a glass protector on my s5 and so far I love it. Absolutely can not even tell its there visually, will likely not have to be replaced before i get a new phone, AND its supposed to strengthen the screen enough to make it more difficult to crack the real screen. I carry the phone in my pocket and for 4 months with no marks. Resists fingerprints better than plastic too.

I spent $35 for a glass protector on my s5 and so far I love it. Absolutely can not even tell its there visually, will likely not have to be replaced before i get a new phone, AND its supposed to strengthen the screen enough to make it more difficult to crack the real screen. I carry the phone in my pocket and for 4 months with no marks. Resists fingerprints better than plastic too.

The glass screen protectors are pretty nice. If I was going to put a protector on, there's no way I'd go with anything BUT glass. I just question whether it's going to get me $35 more in resale value when I sell the thing, considering how strong and scratch-resistant the gorilla glass that's already on the phone is.

I was in and out of 4G a lot depending on where I was hunting but could always make a call and had good call quality/reception. I don't recall any time that I was roaming or 1x. Signal is pretty solid in most places now (Verizon) so there were't any issues when I needed it, but I'm sure there were pockets where I didn't notice because I wasn't using the phone.

So far so good with the Turbo. I like it a lot.

OK, wife is fed up with her LG G2. The battery was marginal before, and the new lollipop update she got a couple weeks ago put her over the top. Has to recharge a couple times a day. Verizon offered an early upgrade, so I ordered her a Turbo tonight.

LMITOUT, you still liking your turbo? I have heard good things from 3 other people (one power user who is a coworker, and my mom and stepdad, who aren't exactly power users) who love theirs and say they charge it about every other day only. Since my wife's primary concern is battery life, I think this is the phone for her. My galaxy s5 has reasonable battery life but is starting to get long in the tooth on some of the other features, with only 2 gigs of ram and only 16 gigs of onboard storage and the lower resolution screen. The new galaxy S6 from samsung has apparently much worse battery life than the S5, so I decided to go with the turbo with the giant battery.

Yep, all good with the Turbo. Kinda nice to never have to worry about the battery.

If I have one gripe about the phone it is the camera. When taking shots of stationary objects it is fine, but any movement and you'll get a blur. Seems to be the main complaint when reading what others say about the phone. Motorola can't seem to get that part figured out, even after all these years. Using burst mode helps but then you have to sort through the pics and find the best one.

I am looking at making the jump to a smartphone and Verizon is the only carrier that makes sense for me. Just wondering how much data does a person need with their plan?

That depends on the individual. My wife doesn't use much. Most of the time she uses the data features she is connected to wifi. She doesn't stream media like music and videos on her phone. So I don't think she has ever used more than maybe .5 GB.

On the other hand, if you use your phone a lot while not connected to wifi, and stream music etc and especially videos you can easily use multiple GB.

I have a note 4. Love it. "Super user" I guess you could call me. Battery is huge and will last for a day and a half or sometimes 2 days, resolution is awesome, camera is awesome. I have nothing but good to say about it. Well, maybe that it doesn't hold up well to being dropped off a 3 story roof (even in an otterbox).

I am looking at making the jump to a smartphone and Verizon is the only carrier that makes sense for me. Just wondering how much data does a person need with their plan?

Del's right, usage varies a lot between people. And even for a single person it can vary if you go on vacation, etc. I am lucky in that I can use wifi both at home and work, so mine is pretty low, under 500 megs a month usually. My wife doesn't use wifi at work, so her usage is higher than mine, over a gig a month. Two others on our plan are home MOST of the time using just a few hundred megs a month, but then they will sometimes go on vacation and stream i-heart-radio for multiple hours per day, and on that 10 day vacation will use 3 gigs. We have enough folks on my plan that we cranked the data up beyond what we normally use. This way we have a reasonably large cushion for any "spikes" for folks who are on vacation, or just doing abnormally large usage that month, without having to constantly worry about it.

My wife just put one on her new iphone. I was skeptical but it is fantastic. I always get some sort of otterbox for my phones but toss the regular invisishields as a do not like the feel. The glass shield feels and looks like there is nothing there. I'm thinking about getting one for my galaxy.