• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

StrikeMaster Customer Service

frozen toes

Question

I am totally in awe of the customer service from StrikeMaster. I bought a Mag 2000 on the first of Feb. I have used it a few times and today had a mishap. First thing this morning I go to move the choke lever and it just broke right off. I then messed atround with it to find out how to get it to work without it( I had to fish). I finally get it so I can at least drill some holes. Later I went home and called the retailer to see about exchanging it. Good luck. He tells me there is nothing they can do. So then I am totally fuming. I then call StrikeMaster. I explain to the lady the problem. She already knew the problem. It seems the molding on the lever was bad and Tecumseh called them to let them know right away. The lady asks for my address and they are sending a whole new tank, for free. That was the easiest I have ever had as far as replacing parts. They have a 5 Star rating from me.

17 answers to this question

I went to strikemaster to pick up an extention today. I told the guy that my blades were starting to get dull. He said that they have an exchange program and the new blades are only around $9.00, I told him that we just came from St. Paul and I might need new ones by friday. He sold me a new one for the exchange rate. Talk about customer service.

[This message has been edited by fubar (edited 02-12-2003).]

I had a great experience with them too. My throttle cable broke twice so I brought my auger to them. My auger is 4 yrs old, they gave me the new style handle and throttle system,a blade gaurd all for around 20 bucks. The new handle sytle is $50 itself. Very impressed with Strikemaster service

Fubar:

Not sure if you have the single chipper or the Lazer blades. The 10-inch blades for my Lazer XL-3000 (set of two), cost $19 from the factory exchange program (plus shipping), not $9.

Just wondered if I got quoted the wrong price or if the $9 is for a single chipper blade auger. Stores in Duluth have my two-blade set of Lazers on the factory exchange program for $16, and no shipping.

Strikemaster customer service is tops. We had gearbox problems right out of the box, and to make a VERY long story short they ended up replacing the whole power head. A++++++ customer service. You may think you're paying for the name but it's the extras you get in their customer service (knowing how to take care of their customers), and they stand behind their product that makes it all worth while.

---------

Fishn'Lady

I'm really glad to here how great Strikemaster's Customer Service is!!

There are quite a few Jiffy vs. Strikemaster battles going on in these forums. From what I can tell from the posts, seems like the Jiffy is a more dependable auger. Which made me start to wonder if I'd made the right auger purchase.

I recently bought a 8" Lazer Mag 2hp and am truly impressed with that auger. Its light, and will effortlessly cut through the ice quicker then anything. If their customer service lives up to the reputation it is gaining here, I'll never own a different auger again.

Dont they both have the same power head. I think they do. Both use Tec motors the difference is in drill speed and augers.

I could be wrong.

My 2c Red

P.S. I like my old 49cc verry much it is a good runner

They use the same motors, but Jiffy and Strikemaster's throttle assemblies, gas tanks, handles and gear boxes are different from each other. Strikemasters use lighter materials for their gears than Jiffy, which partly explains why they are lighter than Jiffies of the same hp.

Fubar: thanks for the clarification. If my lazer blades could be exchanged for $9, I'd be all over that like . . . well, you know. grin.gif

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-13-2003).]

I have been running Strikmaster now for 6 or 7 years. As a former Jiffy user I must say that their augers and customer service has impressed me also. If you have a problem with their equipment they will take good care of you.

Jeff
Scenic Tackle

My buddy got a lazer mag express this year and while walking on the ice, he fell and the auger went flying. The new composite handle cracked at the base. It runs fine but you can't put any pressure on it to drill. What should I tell him to do to get it replaced? Will this be covered under warranty? Thanks

I would like to say they are the best in the icefishing business for customer service. Hands down! They went above and beyond my expectations. Great company.

Swords:

So what if he dropped it? Drilling holes puts tremendous pressure on augers.

Tell him to call up customer service, explain that it broke, andhe's likely to get a new assembly free.

Nothing frightens a Strikemaster rep more than the idea that a discontented owner will switch to Jiffy or Eskimo.

Or vice versa.

------------------
"I've driven farther before to catch fewer fish . . ."
Steve Foss
[email protected]