• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Off Season Deals

RuddyDuck

Anyone finding any good deals out there on Bass gear during this off season? Net or stores. Sometimes it can be a good time to get a deal on last years stuff.

I was at Cabelas and they have the Daiwa Exceler BC reels on sale for $45 bucks. They also have the Trions on sale for $69, but I have seen them for $49 on their HSOforum once in awhile also. Also a few others and some rods at decent prices. They didn't have much for baits on sale though. Scheels in St. Cloud had some deals on some plastics and other baits, but not much on other gear.

I saw in this weekends GM ad that they will have Curado G's for $90, after a $70 Gander mail in rebate. Still a decent deal for one. Suppose they have to make room for the new Curados. I think the sale starts this weekend, but don't quote me on the exact date.

Fleet Farm at least in Brainerd here has some good Crankbait deals in their Clearance bin. They have the Knoppers Craw 9-10' cranks and the Craw Traps for 75% off the $5.99 tag.......bought 16 of them at $1.49 a piece cool

Go to academy sports online, they're a southern sporting goods store. They carry a line of lures, H2o, that are priced under $3.00. Great selection and colors in all depths. When I lived in TX I bought a bunch of these, and when they clearance them which happens often they price them under $2.00. What's nice is you don't pay sales tax and if you buy enough stuff you get free shipping.

Well that last post didn't work...I saw TW and last years model Curado for $129

I also like the looks of the jig trailer pkg these guys market, 60 trailers fo $17 at proluresonline dot com

Also check this worm color on e b a y search bullfrog color 5 in senkos 50 for $17

There's still MG lures pachinos, didn't they used to be a sponsor here?

How bout Gopher Jigs, fine MN outfit. All Terain? Outkast?

Hey, ya know Bass Pro line of plastic stick baits are a good deal in 15 packs buy about 10 packs and several different colors. Their also probably the best I know for larger packs of bullet weights and I like their big packages of Tru Turn hooks.

I think ordering early and online is the best way to make sure you get the colors you want.

Good tip previously on the flouro, thanks

$11 each that's a deal? jus kiddin

I kinda write Lucky Craft off as too expensive but this post made me look again. After looking thru the huge line of LuckyCraft cranks on tackle warehouse I still think their too expensive for me, but they are so beautiful and how could you not like a jerkbait that casts a mile or that wake bait really makes me crazy.

I'd be afraid to put em in the water cause a hammerhandle would eat them so quick. In fact I've lost so many jigs and cranks to northerns I might play with some of this real light flexible wire leader material this year. On a reaction bait how much could six inches of real light flexible wire hurt?

Anybody using any wire for bass fishing? I mean it sounds like something a tourist would do so I hate to admit I'm thinking about it.

I haven't tried the tieable titanium yet, but plan to this coming season, based on RRR's recommendation. I've used Cortland Toothy Critter tieable wire for several years and like it a lot.

Pike are troublesome because they tend to do one of two things - they either head-hunt the bait, or they overtake a bait from behind and eat the whole thing. Some baits are worse than others. Lipless cranks are so small and compact pike just engulf them, plus they love the things in the first place.

You really don't need much of a leader either. 4" is usually enough to prevent 90% of bite-offs. Usually that isn't enough to mess up the lure much, although jerkbaits can be a little touchy. I use wire for jig and pig on some lakes where pike are especially pesky, and on lipless baits almost all the time. Never do for jigworms as I do think it can cut down on bites on finesse presentations. I just buy jigheads 50 at a time and chalk it up to the price of doing business...

great guys, on those sunny post frontal days when northerns are snappin and you've lost 4 or 5 jigs, maybe I'll try some wire product. I am looking at some stuff online called tyger line that says you can tie it just like regular fishing line.

what the hey

I was at Cabelas last night and they have alot of Clearance Lures and baits on sale. Kind of a mix of stuff, lots of various plastics. Some colors aren't the greatest, but some standard colors also.

If any one likes those Gambler Ugly Otter baits, they have a whole rack of those for about $2.15 a pack in the B-Cave. Mostly the green fleck color, but a few packs of black and blue also. Some cranks and terminal tackle also on sale.

Also some of the Cableas poles and reels are on sale. Had to have them match the internet price on the poles, so check that out first. They have the new Prodigy BC reels on sale for $80 bucks. Looks like a decent reel for the money, basiclly the new Daiwa Exceler with maybe an extra bearing or two. It has an aluminum frame.

Is it Bass season yet!!

Walmart has a few things on clearance Vicious Fluorocarbon 10, 12lb test is 7 bucks. 17 and 25 is 10 bucks. 250 and 200 yard spools.

Knot 2 Kinky Nickle-Titanium wire is on clearance as well for 7 bucks. Had 12 up to 60lb wire. This is the tieable wire I use to prevent bite offs on lipless cranks and other baits

This was at the elk river location.