• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DIY slush bucket

hoggsback

Thought I would share my cheap diy slush bucket. It works great and you only need a plastic tote and a 5 gallon bucket.

Cut the bucket about in half. Cut a hole in bottom of tote same diameter of bucket. Place bucket into tote hole. The lower lip of the bucket stops it from falling through the tote.

2uf5cle.jpg

2w7k6li.jpg

Slush copter works great, but you need an open hole first! The bucket helps you open that hole without a mess in the house. If you only have a foot of ice, a slush copter is all you need, but when you are 2 feet or more, you have a lot of slush to deal with before your hole is open for the copter.

I grew up on a farm in Minnesota and one thing I can never remember asking my dad ever is how much a empty bucket weighed, as the old man would have given you a side-ways look and asked you if you were f***in with him. That being said if you've never handled a empty tote or an empty bucket don't worry about making this set-up as I know you never will anyway.

I grew up on a farm in Minnesota and one thing I can never remember asking my dad ever is how much a empty bucket weighed, as the old man would have given you a side-ways look and asked you if you were f***in with him. That being said if you've never handled a empty tote or an empty bucket don't worry about making this set-up as I know you never will anyway.

No need to be rude about it . The question was simple . Is it heavy ? I was referring to the tote when filled with slush . And yes I may make one if I can lift it when it is full of water and slush.

I actually can get by with just a slush copter when the ice gets really thick and you are dealing with extensions through the house. The ice bucket adds at least another foot of extension. What I do, is drop my house down 1/2 way, drill as far as I can, pull slush away with a roof rake ( I know, something else to carry, but it works better than a shovel). Then drop hose rest of way and drill rest of way with extension if needed, and drive slush down hole with the ice copter leaving no messs at all in the house.

my problem is I have a skid house so I dont have the drop down option. I get the full 3 feet coulomb of slush into my house and on the floor. With a 9 inch hole it is a big mess ! I just got a slush copter and am still experimenting

Try this. Clean out the snow and ice in the hole before the auger breaks through and the water fills the hole and creates the slush which is what is heavy and makes the mess. Then when you drill through, you won't have as much slush in the hole which the ice copter will easily drive down.

Good point Ron, a bucket of flaked ice is nothing compared to when its half water. That's where the Ion comes in handy, it makes very light flakes and doesn't throw it 4 feet like a gas auger. A slush bucket wasn't real handy with my big Jiffy, the ice still went everywhere. Remember too that if your holes are to close to the wall a slush bucket wont center over it. I couldn't use one in my old skid house because the holes were too close to the corners.