• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

VMC Tingler or Tumbler Opinions Wanted--Which one works best?

Scott O.

I have used the tumbler a lot this winter. I fish Red and Bemidji three or four times a week. And the tumbler has been a go to this winter. It has iced a lot eyes. If they get finicky or maybe it isn't exactly prime time I tie a tumbler on a work it. I think its beauty is in the drop.

After using both lures all winter I will say I have done better on the Tingler. Its a good search lure and really brings fish in. The Tingler DOES travel away from the hole quite a bit more than the tumbler wich does just wat its name says. It tumbles down laying on its side a lot where the wider Tingler will catch water and travel out of the cone angle more especially in deeper water.

My favorite colors are the pink/glow and the gold/orange.

Northlander, Those are the exact two I used up on Red last weekend. The walleyes absolutely couldn't stay away from them! Quite a few times it would drop out of flasher cone angle, and if you didn't see it come back right away a fish already had it in it's mouth! Fun time and I caught more fish from those jugging than on rattle reels!