• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

VMC Tingler or Tumbler Opinions Wanted--Which one works best?

Scott O.

I am liking the new lures I've seen from VMC this year, but I'm interested to see what others have thought of the new Tinglers and Tumblers, especially for targeting walleyes and perch. Has anyone had any success with these new lures and which one(s) do you like best?

I'm thinking of adding a few to my arsenal as well! I like the fact that the tinglers have a bigger profile without a bunch of weight making what I would assume a nice flutter. And being they have UV colors, that is a major plus over others! I imagine we will see some reports soon. Lot of guys hit the ice this weekend!

I thought they looked great and bought one of each earlier this year. Tied them both on last weekend and was a bit surprised at what they did in the water.

The tingler didn't do much, didn't flutter, didn't dart, just kind of fell straight down when jigged. With a wide body and not much weight I thought it would do something but didn't see much, this one disappointed me.

The tumbler surprised me with more action, I could get it to both flutter and dart. I didn't expect as much action as this actually had, it will probably be the one of the two I use first.

Didn't have faith in either one very long so I went back to the Angel Eye I was jigging and got some fish.

I'm a sucker for tackle and new lures but I tend to go back to my tried and true lures. It will be interesting to see how the new VMC lures produce, hopefully we will get some reports on here regardless if they are bad or good reports.

Had several different colors of the tingler on the last couple weekends. Didn't get any takers. Put on a slender spoon and hammered quite a few fish.

Same here. I was on Red Lake on the 2-3rd. I tried a few different colors of the tingler and tumbler spoons. The fish wouldn't even come in and look at them. Put on the tried and true red and silver slender spoon, and started catching fish right away. They sure look like good spoons and I was pretty excited to give them a try. I'm not giving up on them yet, but I was disappointed on the first go around.

All because of indepth outdoors the new hot toy is going to be the VMC lures.. Last year it was Slender spoons. bright side - there are some new models of the slender spoons so I may check that out.

X2... VMC must have cut them a bigger check than CJS was.

Bright side #2 - hopefully the demand for slender spoons will down

Cut em some slack guys! The FISH sure don't pay them to be caught. Theres a lot of time,effort, and $$$$ that goes into all the outdoors shows we all enjoy to watch! The money has to come from somwhere to pay the film crews and cover travel expenses! Its not like we are paying to watch all those shows!

Quote:
Cut em some slack guys! The FISH sure don't pay them to be caught. Theres a lot of time,effort, and $$$$ that goes into all the outdoors shows we all enjoy to watch! The money has to come from somwhere to pay the film crews and cover travel expenses! Its not like we are paying to watch all those shows!

Well said.

People forget the rules of marketing. They think the only company that should be allowed to market is the one with the best working product. Also, what works for me in SE MN may not be the same as what works for others in another part of MN or another state, or another type of fish, or another style of fishing.

We typically hold our own in the bottom 1/2 of the state and our guys catch more fish on lures that no-one else takes more than 10 minutes with then throws back in their tackle box to rust away. Slender spoons have a place in my box, but they no longer hold the biggest area in the arsenal, even though our "go to" lure doesnt have as big of a flutter as the slender spoon. It still catches more fish, and thats the goal.

PK Flutter Fish.

WOH settle down there cowboy's.

I was only mentioning that the marketing does work. Try to find a VMC lure in stock now? Yep.... most are on backorder. I wasn't bashing how the companies paying IDO should spend their money. I love trying new stuff but I can never find anything IDO markets.

Slender spoons are at least in stock ^_^

LOL, Lusid. It is nice to see a better stock of slender spoons.

The great question is... Are these companies doing well because IDO markets them, or does IDO market products that are doing well? hmmm... seems like we all need to sit around the campfire with an adult beverage and hypothesise this question for a while.

cart---horse...i'm all confused.

Well if any of you roll through Bismarck, ND there's plenty of VMC spoons available. You won't find a single slender spoon offered though. There's a reason why I have six rods rigged with something different. Some stuff works some days, some doesn't. It's up to you to figure out what they're going for that day. It always seems like a buckshot still works though.

So it sounds like most of us are still experimenting with these new lures, business and marketing stuff aside. And it sounds like some of us are buying both of them to try out. Please keep the info coming on these lures.

I bought a couple of each style of the VMC stuff. I went out on sunday to see how they'd work out. I had good luck calling fish in with the tingler and the tumbler, but never got a hit. Had my best action all day with their rattle spoon. Had that underwater for a while and then switched to some others I had just to experiment. Had better luck with the VMC spoon that with the others I had in the box. Like some of the others have said, I'm not giving up on the

Well, I've got some of both now. I'm hoping the Tinglers do their fluttering and the Tumblers do the same, though I expect the Tinglers to do it more just cause of their design. I'll report when I've used them and I hope that others will do the same with these two lures.

Has anyone tried the new Clam spoons? I picked up a couple tonight because Gander didnt have any Stop Signs. They look killer. Picked up slender spoons as well as some of the VMC ones. Have never targeted Walleyes through the ice but am going to this year

I love the fact that a show pushes a product hard and heavy and then *poof* its like the product they "couldn't leave home without" has vanished into thin air.

You really think a fish could care at all if you drop a VMC instead of a Slender Spoon or Angel Eye? They are all the same 5amn thing.

Throw on a good ol swedish pimple and get er dun

I love the fact that a show pushes a product hard and heavy and then *poof* its like the product they "couldn't leave home without" has vanished into thin air.

You really think a fish could care at all if you drop a VMC instead of a Slender Spoon or Angel Eye? They are all the same 5amn thing.

Throw on a good ol swedish pimple and get er dun

yep, I'm a sucker too though, and spoons are like jewelry for women, can't have too much

Finally had a chance to fish with the Tinglers this past weekend and, for starters, the fluttering action is extremely good. They fluttered down and out a good 4 or 5 away from the hole and even got out of the transducer cone angle many times. Succeeded in drawing in 'eyes with it, particularly the UV pink pattern. Caught some on it, which was all it needed to do. A good addition to the ice tackle box. Trying the Tumblers next in deeper water.

I had my aqua vu set up today and was jigging with both spoons and was surprised they didnt flutter more...the tingler spoon just spiraled up and did a circle fall back down...the tumbler did just that...tumbled and rolled straight down. I put a slender spoon on and that thing flutters more and will dart away from your hole...in fact I got it caught on my cam cord 4 feet away. I also caughtva few perch and a small eye on it and have yet to catch anything on a tumbler or a tingler. I also use a circle snap swivel to attach them. Think I will stick to the slender spoons more action and flutter IMO.