• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's doing the muzzy season?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I are going and we are very excited! We don't slug hunt at all so this is the first time chasing deer this year. We take a week off for muzzleloading every year. Will be hunting Sunday to Saturday next week. Weather looks ok with some snow. We hunt SW mn and accuweather has next Fridays forecast with winds gusting to 67 mph. Maybe stay out of the tree that day;)

How well do you guys normally do?

I'd have to say ditch the Accuweather and check out WeatherBug, much more accurate. Weds Accuweather was telling me 17-22 mph winds while WeatherBug was saying 3-7 mph, WeatherBug was spot on. I use them both and find the WeatherBug much more accurate, when weather changes WeatherBug is on top of it while Accuweather still says the same thing it said yesterday.

I will be out there, I still have 2 tags from being picky like normal. I use my Muzzleloader during shotgun season also, it's like a bow but with longer range.

Good luck guys.

I have a few days off the next couple weeks that I am gonna go try to smoke one. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find some good public land, or if anyone wants someone else to hunt with? The guy I usually hunt with is busy, I was thinking of heading north just havent hunted north of St Cloud before.

Hunted 3 hours in the morning and three in the evening. Saw 3 hunters in the morning,three more hunters in the evening and 5 turkeys too.

Didn't see any fresh deer sign and there was a chunk for corn left in the wma.

I sat saturday and sunday morning and seen nothing. Then went out sunday afternoon and shot a big doe and 10 mins later a big 10 pointer came out and presented me a shot a little bit out of range. So i will keep after him and hopefully get him.

I was sitting for a few hours this morning and after seeing all the tracks in the fresh snow gave me a better outlook on the season. I'll be watching over my food plot for the last couple of hours before dark tonight. I only wish I would have gotten my box stand built last summer because it is nasty out today.

The wind is supposed to let up a bit in the morning. I may give it a whirl for a few hours or as long as I can. Forcasted to be about 10 below. I have a groundblind in one spot so that should help a bit. Might even bring a little heater with.....

Sat this morning for 2.5 hours. Cold out at -13 but wasn't too bad in the blind with the buddy heater. Didn't see any deer but lots of track around so I will be back in there and sit for this afternoon/evening. Will still wait for a decent buck.