• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

thought it was a gadwall but it had the feathers and the markings of a hen mallard If It wasnt garbage day I would go get it and look again but Im possitive its a small hen mallard but Ive been wrong before but I dont think so this time smile

BTW sledneck thats an awsome pic and I hope to do the same next week in NoDak

Quack, sister has a place near clearwater lake. coming up for mea next wed- sun. Have 2 sons 12-15 if you need/;want tagalongs, would love to join you. Admire at your young age your passion for waterfowl.

It depends where I will be hunting... might be in the TRF area or local. I'll let you know if something can work out.

Here is a solo hunt from this morning plus some bling, my hunting buddy didn't make it out.

IMG_1235.jpg

Elwood- I have to stick with Gadwall because of the white band markings on the wing and the head is shaped like an Gadwall...they have similar colors to the Hen Mallard though. Well who cares, it looked like a great day out on the marsh. smile

OK greast I'll go with and its a duck probally a Gadwall cool

Quack nice smackdown on the ringers! Shamalex congrats on all of the firsts nice bag. I hunted with derek5 again lots of mallards and woodies around. Unfortunately our shooting went south today,some easy misses blush ended with 3 mallards,1gadwall and 1 shoveleroct16th.jpg

Here are the ducks me (I'm Larry), Darrel and Darrel shot last weekend.

We bagged 12 quackers Saturday including 3 canvasbacks, we also shot gadwalls, widgeons, ringbills.

The mallards escaped our errant shots. They came in and left un-scaved! Dangit

We had the whole area to ourselves if you can believe that.

Sunday we get there a little late due to some barley pops tasting so good only to find 5 groups of duck hunters already there, so we have to go down to the very last spot we could find but we ended up with 5 ducks including a real nice mallard that ran into Billy’s shot.

We also had the perfect mallard shoot as 5 greenheads circle us once then hear me call when they were behind us and come in perfect 20 yards above the decoys only to drop one and miss all the rest! And the one I dropped swam away and I lose it! ERRRR! If was easy, it wouldn’t be any fun!

Oh well, it was a good weekend to say the least!

full-983-2307-pa150464.jpg