• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

I aways chuckle when I read about 20 pounders. This one hit 13 on the digital fish scale. It is a huge bird. There are 20 pounders out there but they are such a small subspecies that it rules out the majority of claims. A true 20 locked up must look similar to the small Cessna that I first learned to fly in.

thanks guys. We were in So Dak and actually were duck hunting and one of the guys had a friend come down for the morning from Aberdeen. We were about to head in and about ten geese were flying pretty far off. The guy from Aberdeen got on his goose call and I had never heard what was coming from his calls. He sounded like the best Goose band that ever played; Louie Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and Beattles all playing together. I looked at my other buddy with this look that was priceless. It was so cool. Next thing you know as these geese were flying they heard the sweet music and turned our way. It was so far away I couldn't believe it but figured it must be a coincidence. He kept calling and they kept coming. The guy frankly sounded better than the geese and I think he may just be part goose.

It was our last morning hunting and man o man did that end it in a way that was like the icing on the cake. If goose calling is an art this guy was Rembrandt.

This was from Thursday before work. It was a bit tough waiting for Old Kerm to take the first shot as we were saying "shoot Kerm, shoot!!!" as they were right inn the decoys. I bet the longest shot was maybe 20 yards :) Beautiful morning spent with some veteran waterfowlers in a very comfy and HUGE blind under a Dogwood tree :) 

Had them cleaned and still to work by 9 am!

2016 goose pic.jpg

Edited by BoxMN

Yes, good times!

There is adventure to be had but it has to be looked for.  Just getting to know the area has been one adventure and now the second one is finding out who plays where when the playing actually starts. :D

I could've used one of these on Saturday.

image.jpeg