• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

I was getting accused of having too many birds last fall when I was posting pics of the hunts.

on another site someone had called a CO about a pic of a guy with 12 goldeneyes... and went to their doorstep and talked about it. It was a "Classy" CO (sarcasm) and needless to say there was two people on that hunt with one person behind the camera and another behind the pile of birds! But seriously, some people should just grow up and stop assuming that everyone who hunts FOWL do not eat their birds... guess what they actually do! mad

To bad...picture is worth more that reading a post. Still look at the 2009 to get excited.

JP

hey nelson are you hunting washington co? i am and we did pi$$ poor, not much flying

Haven't yet this year, those birds were all north of chisago county. The areas I frequent in washington county have been lacking birds pretty bad compared to prior years, but they seem to be starting to come back.. slowly but surely!

This weekend was not a total bust except Saturday morning, lots of birds around and using different fields, found a field with birds in it for Saturday morning hunt and birds were finishing til 50 yds and flaring. I decided to put more miles on for scouting on Saturday to a field I had seen a couple hundred leaving a field early afternoon when driving up to the farm. Well there were good #'s, it was just two of us Sunday morning- whacked 10 and a couple bands. We decided to hunt the same field again this morning...asking others to tag along but they decided not too so it was two of us again and whacked another 10 and a band. All MN 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Sunday morning

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

Hero Shot

CopyofIMG_1137.jpg

Monday morning

Copy2ofIMG_1158.jpg

OH, and fellas who thinking we had 1 extra bird in posession...we ate that one on Saturday night. wink

OH, and fellas who thinking we had 1 extra bird in posession...we ate that one on Saturday night. wink

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I love it...it's so funny how people have to justify the birds they shoot. Keep the pictures come Quack. I got your back along with others i am sure.

JP

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I love it...it's so funny how people have to justify the birds they shoot. Keep the pictures come Quack. I got your back along with others i am sure.

JP

them goose alfredo pasta is so darn good!

Jordyn- Bemidji State University is a great school with excellent majors and courses to choose from and with the new addition of the hockey rink is a great asset to the BSU. The hunting can be pretty good if you find the birds, I do not do any hunting within the Bemidji area though. The nature up here is second to none with all the fishing you can do on different lakes, if you come up you will definitley enjoy it up here. I have not heard many bad things about former BSU students attending, even the guys and gals on this forum miss it up there and enjoyed their 4+ years of school.

I would have left my email for you to contact me to talk a little bit more but we are not supposed to on this forum....Anyways I have hunted very little for waterfowl around Bemidji but head a little more west and you should be set. You will see more hay fields, pasture fields more than wheat, soybeans, and corn. So chances are better West of Bemidji but pressure can be high. Good Luck, post in the Bemidji section for advice and so on if you make the decision attending BSU next fall.

Bemidji State was the best 5 years of my life. Could have done it in 4 but whats the hurry. I didn't personaly do much duck hunting around Bemidji but had lots of friends that did. There are a lot of lakes close by with rice in them. Most of the people up there are Hunters and Fishermen so you can get lots of hook ups on by networking. Loved it up there.

I shot a few ducks this weekend, 4 different species including Spoonbills, Greenwing Teal, Mallard (my first greenhead)and a Gadwall. Sorry I don't have many pics but I was too busy chasing ducks. Spoonbills and Teal ruled the weekends hunt making up 80% of the bag. My first greenhead didn't come without a fight, we had jumped a pond and about 75 ducks got up and they flew to my buddies posting on the other side and after they had shot, the ducks flew right over me and I touched off 2 shots at the drake only to watch him smack the water with such force that it shot water up 3'. I looked for half an hour and no dice, so we went back to the house and got the dogs only to have Lucy find it in less than 2 minutes. Dogs are an invaluable tool to the duck and pheasant hunter.

bellinghamduck011.jpg

unfortunately Lucy got a thorn in her paw and caused an abscess so now her paw is twice as big as the other one. On heavy antibiotics so she should be ready to go in 2 weeks for pheasant opener. A learning opportunity to check their pads every night so stuff like this doesn't happen.