• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

well I guess I'll kick off the Early Goose pictures for 2010...

one of my big fears of moving to Virginia (the state, not the city) was lack of waterfowl hunting opportunities in the mountains. Well turns out there is a massive resident goose population. Early goose limits are 10 daily 20 in possession. We jump shot from kayaks in the fog this morning and limited out by the time the fog lifted 2 hours after sunrise. What a day...

full-23483-847-p9010013.jpg

full-23483-848-p9010006.jpg

full-23483-849-p9010017.jpg

He had 10 geese in his boat... and about 2 inches of freeboard

full-23483-850-p9010024.jpg

full-23483-851-p9010027.jpg

Today? That's not fair! We can't even hunt near water during early season!

Beautiful pictures Blue! Wish I was there. Virginia is a really scenic and beautiful region of the U.S. You should have coastal opportunities as well. Watch out for the hurricanes!

Gotta clean em' quick though!!!

Opening morning with my 5 mo. old pup- 18 birds for 5. Sorry I'm not sporting a black DRC hoodie for any guys that like to pi$$pout about em! whistle

Hey Quack,

Speaking of black hoodies...how did the DRC team fair opening morning? Also, what did the pup think of all of this action that was going on? pretty exciting time for them at that age. congrats on the birds you did get and good luck with the rest of the season.

JP

Great pics guys and Quack I didnt recognize with out that black hoodie grin all I have to show for the weekend is a big fat pay check as I worked all weekend but seen geese on the grass blvd in front of the shop both days this is in Mlps mad

Great pics guys and Quack I didnt recognize with out that black hoodie grin

HA! Seabass- I only hunted Saturday morning with the usual so it was a decent shoot until the sun came out and lifted the fog up. Oh for anyone cares, we shot one band as well and was an Iowa bird.

So, i would say that the early season hunts have not been going good or everyone is a little tight lipped about how they have done. Haven't seen as many post or pictures as last year this time.

JP

a lot less guys post pictures these days. i'm guilty as charged of that myself...

So, i would say that the early season hunts have not been going good or everyone is a little tight lipped about how they have done. Haven't seen as many post or pictures as last year this time.

I was getting accused of having too many birds last fall when I was posting pics of the hunts.

on another site someone had called a CO about a pic of a guy with 12 goldeneyes... and went to their doorstep and talked about it. It was a "Classy" CO (sarcasm) and needless to say there was two people on that hunt with one person behind the camera and another behind the pile of birds! But seriously, some people should just grow up and stop assuming that everyone who hunts FOWL do not eat their birds... guess what they actually do! mad