• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Miami Peacock Bass Report 10-22-13

Well folks we're back again with another Peacock Bass report from the Miami area. This is going to be a split report from a couple of charters I had the pleasure to take out recently. The first was with Gary Clements winner of a a half day trip with me at the Custom Gheenoe Big Rally raffle. Who's proceeds went to help family's in need in the Titusville area of Florida...Great job guys!! Wish I could have been there for the festivities. My second trip was with a couple of buddies. Rob,and Stan from California, who wanted to sample some of our famous Miami Peacock Bass...having never caught them before. I gotta tell you..I love first timers! They're always amazed at the fighting abilities of these ferocious cichlids.

On my first trip. I had Gary meet me at an alternate ramp that I use on the weekends. Being that the area I usually use get's very crowed on the weekends, and can be trying when loading and unloading amongst the crowd. I like to take my clients where we have the most solitude and least competition. After a quick chat at the ramp about the safety equipment on the boat, and what the plan was . We headed off to some very quiet waters I know off in the area. Armed with artificial baits that matched what the Peacock Bass we're feeding on ,and some live shiners for insurance... We began the hunt. It wasn't long before we we're into the fish. It seemed like Gary was having a good time. Catching an equal amount of fish on artificials and live bait, even boating a Large mouth Bass to boot. Seeing that we were one fish away from a Slam I made the decision to try for a Snook too. As we trolled lures under some likely areas that I know hold some big Snook. I was explaining to him how to fight them when...BAMM!! ..He get hit by a monster!! After a short but very exciting fight she pops loose on him...but what a hit it was. We didn't get anymore hits so we decided to call it a day, and headed back to the ramp. Another great day of Miami Urban fishing. We took a couple of pictures of the day for memories.

Peacocks10-20-13002_zps24b396e3.jpg

Peacocks10-20-13003_zps8856cf9d.jpg

Peacocks10-20-13004_zps15a22376.jpg

Peacocks10-20-13006_zpsebd13242.jpg

On my second trip trip with Rob and Stan. Which was a full day I met them at my usual ramp. Which is very quiet during the week days as compared to the weekends.

These two buddies are avid fishermen from California who wanted to scratch Peacock Bass off their list of fish to catch. You know me..I'm always happy make it happen for people who want it. Like usual I met them early in the morning, and had our pre launch safety talk. A quick run into the systems later. We arrived at our first area to fish. Tarpon are known to frequent this area,and I wanted to try to get one early i the day. Before heading off for Peacocks,who bite better when the sun comes up a little higher in the sky. Anybody who's been Tarpon fishing will understand what came next....FISH FISH everywhere...and they won't eat anything you throw at them...including live bait. Not to be discouraged I quickly switched areas and tried again. Still no Tarpon but we did managed a couple of Snook and some fresh water Jack Crevalle...Not bad. Now the sun is higher in the sky and it's Peacock Bass time. Another short run and we we're into prime Peacock bass waters..ready for a fight. It wasn't long before the duo were hooked up to their first Peacocks Bass. We spent the rest of the day running from spot to spot sampling the different colorations of the Peacock bass to be found here in Miami. We also took some pics of the day for memories. Thank you for spending a little time out of your day to read our reports. I look forward to the next.

RobStanPeacocks10-22-13004_zpsb20c2ef1.j

RobStanPeacocks10-22-13001_zpsa9f6f389.j

RobStanPeacocks10-22-13002_zps2e9efb0f.j

RobStanPeacocks10-22-13003_zpsc2545a90.j

http://www.miamibackcountrycharters.com/