• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

technie glow jigs

ethan77

Question

14 answers to this question

you mean the Lindy Techni-glow series of jigs? you should be able to find them at any bait and tackle store.

------------------
"They say tuna is brain food, I guess it's cuz it has so much dolphin in it and you know how smart they are"

well i am not sure.. I looked at the lindy rig HSOforum.. they have techni glow jigs but not like the ones I saw... the ones I saw were more like a jigging spoon.. not a jig so I am not srue if they are even called techni glow jigs but that is what my friend says they are

I bought a couple different Genz jigs and the Genz worms I think they are glowed well, but the fat boys didn't glow at all or very, very little. They said GLOW on the package... I think there must have been a mistake on those, they didn't glow at all it seemed.

I too agree on the glow paint on the Genz fatboys and Genz worms. Mine seemed to glow the first few times I used them, but now don't seem to glow at all.

Good Luck and Tight Lines!

Mort

You don't want to store you genz worms near any of the new "plastics". It must be the oil in the plastics, but something weekens the paint on the Genz Jigs. I now keep my Genz worms in the original box until I use them. That seems to be the best way to get life out of them.

Maybe I can get Jeff Beckwith from Scenic Tackle to repaint the jigs. His paint won't come off with a hammer grin.gif

I read years ago that glow paint left out in the light too much will lose its glow ability. I compared a jig left on a rod to one that was stored in the box and it seems to hold true. When not being used, I store my glow lures in a dark tackle box. Also, when buying new ones off the rack, I don't take the pack hanging in front. I go back a couple of packs to some that have been shaded from the store's lights.

I have Phelps Tick Jigs in the same box as my Genz Worms and they don't lose their glow at all.

I have a walleye box full of Glow Devils and not one of them as lost its glow. Some are going on 3 years old.

I have never been happy with the paint on the Genz Worms. I really like the body design but the paint is bad and the hook shanks are to thin. I am sure the diehard panfish guys can relate to that one.

scott, where could i find some glow paint to paint some of my jigs? I have always made my own crappie jigs and painted them with fingernail polish. Anyone want something to do on those long nights that you cant get out to the lake? get a fly-tying kit and stat making your own flies and crappie/sunfish jigs.

------------------
"They say tuna is brain food, I guess it's cuz it has so much dolphin in it and you know how smart they are"

I repair mine with the stuff you can buy at Mills or Gander. You heat the jig and dip it in the paint, then bake it a little. I can't remember the name of the paint but I am sure someone will know what it is called. It is not near as good as the paint the good tackle companies use but it is a quick fix.

I would be nice if it was done right from the start. You sure pay enough for the panfish jigs.