• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Solar Powered Fish House Build

Princeton

2021 update, solar panels still going strong.  Only thing I had to do was replace battery bank last year with new gel cells.   I have had zero regrets on solar.  The house is always ready to go when I get out. 

One great enhancement that I added was a wifi repeater with an external antenna.  This lets me grab internet from the cabin and repeat it inside my fish house.  With that I added a wifi thermostat so I can turn my heat on remotely  and I put a ring doorbell cam on my door so I can keep an eye on things outside.  Added benefit of good wifi is that I can work “ remote” from the ice fishing house.  

On 1/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, Princeton said:

Added benefit of good wifi is that I can work “ remote” from the ice fishing house.  

Officially jealous. My dream WFH situation would include a rattle reel to going off while I am on a conference call just to see the responses I would get on the phone.