• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

neighbors dog in heat

smackem33

I have a 3 year old yellow lab great hunting partner. I live in a rural area on 3 acres of woods and a big hay field out back. Down the road about a quarter mile my neighbor lives. My dog sticks around my property all year long. The only time I have him taking off is when my neighbors worthless dog goes into heat! He had my dog picked up by the police and last time he drug him back on a 2 ft rope and told me he is sick of my dog coming over there. I was buzzed up that day and decided not to exchange words with him I just had my dog go in house. What should I do? I just keep thinking its his own fault for not getting his stupid worthless dog fixed because he will never breed that mutt...well I hope not

I think you should keep what he thinks is your stupid worthless dog at home and he should keep what you think is IS stupid worthless dog at home too. When your dog shows signs of taking off to see the neighbor lady tie him up.

Problem over. Common sense sprinkled around makes harmony grow.

No. Nobody famous said that.

I just did.

Wow, there are no signs... I let him out and one week out of the year he wont stay in yard obviously I watch my dog closely fir the rest of the week or two after I find out he was over there. But that first time or first day that dog is putting out the scent there is no warning and he is gone and then returned. Maybe ill have a conversation with the Guy and see if he can send m me a text when his dog goes into heat lol

When I was about 16 I had a dog that got my neighbor's dog pregnant and he tried to sue me for it. He lost and was told it is his responsibility to keep his dog from getting pregnant. Couple years later my dog ran off never seen again.

You should be happy he returned your dog alive.

Nothing says he has to spay his dog, she's not the one comming over to your house, I personally don't let any of mine ( except a 13 year old that has never left the yard) out with out me being around them, male or female. And I don't believe a underground fence will keep him in when she's in season. Alot of them have pretty regular heat cycles so it shouldn't be to tough to know about the time she's comming in..

I have seen his dog on my property same with other dogs, I just let mine out and play with them, I see it as an easy way to wear my high strung lab out. Like I said it is only a problem is when his dog is in season. How and why would someone put up with there pet bleeding around in the house and attracting male dogs that are within 2 square miles to there house that's all

Quote:
How and why would someone put up with there pet bleeding around in the house and attracting male dogs that are within 2 square miles to there house that's all

All I know is when one of mine is in season and I have to deal with other dogs in or around my yard from people like you that let there dogs be out unattended it really ticks me off. Iv'e even called the animal control and had two different dogs picked up at my place, after I spent the time to bring them home the first couple of times.

Here's how I handle guys like you, load the male dog up bring him home politly tell the owner that I have a female n season and I would apprieciate it if they kept there dog at home, both times they told me it was my problem not there's, so next time put the dog in the kennel and call the animal control tell them I have a stray, they pick it up. I then call the owner and tell them where there dog is at, costs them 75 bucks to get there dog back. Usually don't see the dog again..

Hate to say it but your the bad guy here, not going to get any sympathy from me.

I agree with Todd 100%. In season or not, I have a couple of neighborhood dogs that continually use our yard to do their business. I've talked to the owner of two of the dogs and he thanked me for letting him know. Got better for a few weeks but then back to the same. It gets old cleaning up after everyone else's dogs, stepping in it, or running through it with the mower. Thanks for the tip Todd, maybe I'll see if I can catch them, except they usually take off running for home as soon as they see us. If only people would take responsibility to monitor their pets when they are off leash or out of the kennel.

If you're so h$ll bent on the guy getting his dog fixed, why don't you offer to pay for it.

Why should he go through the expense because you can not control you dog.

No I don't have a 1/4 acre lot and I don't live in the cities. My neighbor has a worthless dog that they could not controll, after talking to them they now have an E-collar and CAN controll their dog.

Good luck,

How and why would someone put up with there pet bleeding around in the house and attracting male dogs that are within 2 square miles to there house that's all

Smackem, why don't you get YOUR dog fixed so he's not interested in the neighbor dog??

I also like someone elses idea, offer to pay for spaying his dog, see what he says.

Bottom line is that its your problem to solve, not his.

Makes a huge difference, 1 female dog in heat equals problem for all surrounding dogs, why should we all punish or dogs for one female that Isn't ever going to get bred? When I say punish I mean rope them up all year long.