• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

Bump...

For those that say "bring him in for a workout, I'll give you my opinion then." What a workout against air? What a chicken doodie excuse. I think you've seen enough to analyze his stock. If not I'll sum it up right here and save you some time:

Average arm strength, nothing special. Quick. Shifty. Breaks containment too much, not comfortable in the pocket. Gimmicky moves. Average at best accuracy, again nothing special. Selfish. Great college player with a lot of intangibles. Won't be able to handle the aggressiveness and speed of an NFL defense.

Bump...

For those that say "bring him in for a workout, I'll give you my opinion then." What a workout against air? What a chicken doodie excuse. I think you've seen enough to analyze his stock. If not I'll sum it up right here and save you some time:

Average arm strength, nothing special. Quick. Shifty. Breaks containment too much, not comfortable in the pocket. Gimmicky moves. Average at best accuracy, again nothing special. Selfish. Great college player with a lot of intangibles. Won't be able to handle the aggressiveness and speed of an NFL defense.

You got all that from that one game that you watched him play all season? Why are you not an NFL scout?

That knee is going to drive him down the boards. He's decent, definitely not worth a first round pick.
That is OK. We have lots of holes in the roster to fill so we can wait to get him and fill another spot. Brady wasn't worth a first round pick either as well as Wilson. Apparently Tim Couch and Akili Smith were grin

You got all that from that one game that you watched him play all season? Why are you not an NFL scout?

I got that from watching him play the last 2 years, maybe you don't know how to be critical of a player you got a serious bromance for. Guy has great skills for the college game, those little gimmicks won't work on the big boys. If you think he has a strong and accurate arm then let me ask you, what one game did you get that from?

Why aren't we all NFL scouts? Oh wait I know why you and your pal LMIT couldn't be, you would have to stick your neck out once in a while.

Stats matter whether you want to believe it or not.

Well, then take a look at these stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating

Looks like ZM is rated 3rd in the country in passing efficiency right ahead of JF. He just isn't asked to throw the ball as often as JF but when he does, he does it more efficiently.

Nothing is saying that Mett is a sure hit. College QB's are always a gamble. I just tend to like the pure pocket passers with size and strong arms over the scrambling types. I also like Carr and Fales as well as a few others. Not so much due to their stat lines but by the way I see them playing on the field.

Well, then take a look at these stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating

Looks like ZM is rated 3rd in the country in passing efficiency right ahead of JF. He just isn't asked to throw the ball as often as JF but when he does, he does it more efficiently.

Since you seem to be back into stats again even though you said that stats don't matter...................You should take a look and compare JM's stats vs. Alabama and ZM's stats vs. Alabama. No Contest. I don't think that too many people could argue that Alabama has one of the best if not THE best defense in college football. If you want to tell how a QB will handle NFL defenses, how better than looking at how they perform against the very best college defenses?

That knee is going to drive him down the boards. He's decent, definitely not worth a first round pick. LSU QBs are system guys and pretty much always have been. I seriously hop the Vikes pass on him too.

I'll give myself a pat on the back and a toot toot on this prediction. Wow what a great foreseeable knee injury mind.....

-Genius DrJuice

I don't think there's any chance the Vikes take a 1st round QB this year...not unless Bridgewater falls in their lap at 4-7. I don't see that happening.

I really like Murray from Georgia in the 2nd or 3rd...kid can play ball and he's a competitor. I know he's got a knee thing...Vikings seem to like that though....

Carr and Fales are two to watch in the late 1st (if we trade back) or early second round.

Lynch, from Northern Illinois, would be an excellent 4th/5th round pick.

I still would like them to take Johnny Football with their 1st pick...I just don't see it happening.

Come on Big Dave, seriously? Not even close. Wilson sees the field, Manziel flushes out of the pocket for no reason. Wilson can hit a target when that targets at full stride, Manziel can't even put it close-most of the time. Jeez get off his nuggets man.

Maybe the stop route is actually a go route but the receiver has to adjust to poor execution by the QB?

Big Dave to your question about Russell Wilson, I guess I would say I absolutely would have said the same thing about him. To me there was nothing compelling from his college game that would have proven to be a #1 pick BUT he didnt make mistakes or poor throws. So, in that instance, I see where you are going in that Wilson is obviously excelling and he fell to a later round, hindsight that is a bargain and a brain fart for all who passed, but I really dont see comparing Wilson and Manziel though.