• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013-2014 Gopher Hoops!

CodyDawg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Was a game they had to have if they have any designs on getting to the NCAA's. Shut down Crawford, tighten the clamps on Cobb and get him in foul trouble in the second half then have Olah sprain his ankle. Works for me. grin

Lately it seems like it's per week. The Gopher mens hockey team will have to win 2 next weekend to make up for BB team's dismal performance. smile Today's game made my wife puke. Of course the stomach flu might've had something to do with it. I know if I hear one more announcer express his man love for Aaron Craft, I'm gonna puke! sick

So I take it we are no longer worried about Pitino opting out on his contract next season? Wonder what his buyout will cost the taxpayers of the state? I honestly am all for giving him a few years to get his recruits in place but pretty much can predict what the outcome will be. How many Dakota schools in line to make the big dance this year?

They just don't have the talent to consistently compete with the good big 10 teams. Joey King and Otto Oseineks are both awful, and unfortunately one of them has to be starting due to the lack of depth at that position. Eliason has improved, but still is way too inconsistent offensively and defensively.

Then you add Austin Hollins regression this season and it's tough to win consistently.

I wonder what Malik's three point numbers have been in the last few games? Early in the season he was red hot. I sat behind the Gopher bench, 10-12 rows up for the Illinois game and noticed besides the physical limitation we have, we might have some heart and head problems as well. A few of the guys didn't react well to being benched after a mistake. Our confidence level has been shaken big time. Must win 2 of 3 and at least one in the tourney to avoid the NIT. Some pundits still have us an 11 or 12 seed, wow.

Austin Hollins is not very good. Way overrated. Its turnover after turnover every time down the floor. Dre Hollins should have waited 2-3 more games before coming back from his ankle injury. He's hobbling still and not himself. Walker had that one breakout game and now is scared to play defense. Eliason looks to play hard but is a little clumsy. Smith is in a shooting funk and no one shows any confidence. I want them to make the tourney, but I'd say its unlikely the way we've been playing. The big 10 is stacked and so hard to win.

Malik's shot is so bad right now. Dre gets fouled a lot on drives, but gets no calls due to flopping half the time. Austin needs to start driving and stop shooting threes.

Agree. We were talking the other day and it's like Austin Hollins has taken on the role of Rodney Williams. He shows up for a couple highlight reel dunks every now and again, an occasional 3, then nada other than some spotty defense and to turn the ball over. Maybe with good reason. Senioritis? To a degree. Where does one suppose Hollins will wind up next year? Europe maybe but unlikely to be an NBA draft pick. Has to be weighing on his mind as it would almost anyone at that point in their life. It's the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new and uncertain one, not unlike that for any of us who did our time at the U. Speaking of Rodney, where is he now since being cut by the 76ers? Hopefully not hanging out with Royce White. smile

It's like Tubby all over again...late season collapse, no confidence, losing games they should win. No defense hurts. They have a great RPI and SOS, got some decent N/C wins and played Syracuse tough. Then suddenly they can't beat the bottom half of the conference.

They aren't dead in the water, but it's a tough road to hoe all the sudden with two ranked opponents in a row. Short of 3-0, they will need to do some damage in the BTT.

The way the at-large's are stacking up, they need to beat Penn State at home and win their first BTT game to be on the bubble. At that point, parts of their resume might get them in. To make a stronger case, they need to spring an upset in the BTT. Nothing's a guarantee. As of today, Lunardi has them in, Palm has them recently kicked out. They are on the teetertotter as much as anyone, not a position of strength considering they will be one of the first teams lost if an upset is sprung in a small conference tournament.

Now's a good time to get hot...

Rematch with Penn State this week in the BTT, Nebraska looking like the 6th Big Ten team in after beating Bucky in Lincoln. Gophers need a couple wins to even think about an at-large unless they want to fall back on SOS and RPI. Road/Neutral and conference record are not good.