• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013-2014 Gopher Hoops!

CodyDawg

The Gophs play way better style of basketball under Pitino then Tubby. Tubby's teams always seamed lucky to be in a game and now with Pitino you expect them to be in the game and you feel the team has a chance to compete and win even against the better coaches/teams. Fun team-Fun game!! Go Gophs!!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a letdown game. Played from behind all game. Only Malik Smith came to play. Poor free throw shooting by both sides and 9 turnovers by DeAndre Mathieu. No gimmes in the Big Ten. Doesn't matter that they were missing Dre Hollins, gotta win these type of games.

Sure would be nice if our senior leader Austin Hollins made an appearance anytime this Big 10 season.

Other than that dunk against Wisconsin he has been very passive and just kinda floats around the perimeter. With his athleticism he should be crashing the offensive boards, and making cuts to the basket without the ball.

I love the up-tempo style of play and the 3 ball, but without any balance you'll win some games you should lose and lose some games you should win. It looked like neither Hollins played yesterday!!! But you have to give credit to Nebraska and coach Miles, they beat us at our own game. Thus is life on the road in any major college conference.

Wow! Some major upsets in the B1G 10 last night with Penn St. picking off Ohio St. in Columbus and Northwestern doing the same to Bucky in Madison. Gophers will need to keep the backcourt pressure and tempo up in the Barn Saturday against Northwestern. Crawford looks like he's on a mission.

You live by the 3 and you die by the 3. 1 for 9 from beyond the arc in the first half. I'm afraid the last two losses cancel out the two big wins over OSU and the the sconies. If Dre was playing we would have won them both. It sets up some must wins down the road.

Well.... at least they found a way to win against Indiana.... HAD to have that one to even stay in contention for the dance. Dre Hollins isn't even close to 100 percent yet, thats fairly obvious. That ankle looks like its going to be bothering him the rest of the year.

This team is going to have to win at either WIsconson or Ohio State to get in the tourney. They need to find a way to win a couple games on the road.

Let's see, they are 5-6 now, 8-10 puts them on/or below the bubble, 9-9 gets them in. Home games, Illinois and Penn State are W's, can they upset Iowa at Home? Away games, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State appear to be L's, can they beat Northwestern on the road? It looks to me that 9-9 is the best they can do, not sure that they can get there however. I'm thinking they will take 7 teams from the B10.

WHat has happened to Eliason of late? He just doesnt seem to be the same player. I really like what Pitino is doing and it will result in a winner, but I think we are a few years away. Our talent level is just average at best. Tubby left the cupboard pretty empty.

Think about this....what would their record be with Tubby right now? 1-10 in the B1G?

Oh I don't know about that Cody, we have three returning starters and a couple off the bench, cupboard wasn't that bare. Why speculate about what Tubby would have done anyway, can't prove that either way. I was ready for a change too, but let's be fair about this. What would be interesting is, if we end up in the NIT, is to have a match up with Texas Tech, of course minus their number one fan!!