• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2013-2014

Scott M

JJ hasnt done much this year, but neither has any one off the bench. Lat night the bench was in there, and at least scored a few later in the game. I think you are leaning a little heavy on just JJ, there are many others to point the finger at on the bench, that has done nothing to keep us in the game.

JJ has always been a shoot first PG, that is why we play him at SG at times. This year, I cant blame him, if he tries to pass,, no one is open, if they are, they miss, so he tries to do it alone, in which then he misses. The second unit is horrid this year. With the exeption of last nights game, the second unit looked like they may actually be starting to figure it out a little bit. We will see if they can carry that on into tomorrows game.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you as well, that I thought the bench was going to be very strong this year, but it has been the complete opposite so far.

But you have to remember, we are missing a couple big pieces from our bench this year, with Budinger, and Turiaf being injured. Hopefully Budinger will be back by the end of this month, and Turiaf in the same time. That will help our second unit out a lot.

Great point there. IMO those are the two most important bench players we have, and maybe Barea as well. I love Turiaf coming off the bench he brings a ton of energy and hustle, which Pek can lack at times. Then Budinger is that good shooter that we are missing coming off the bench right now. Those two would really help us.

I really liked what I saw from Hummel in his spot start. Brewer was crazy good. Pretty impressive when you win in that fashion without your best SG on the floor... I think we are really getting spoiled with Love. Unfairly, I admit, but he didn't seem quite as explosive to me for some reason last night, yet he still put up ridiculously good numbers (and in 3 quarters). Some "experts" don't even regard him as a top 10 guy. Name 10 better players! Name 3!

I agree, it was nice to see Hummel have a good fill in start for Martin. Hopefully he can take that back to the bench with him, and feed off of it.

I think Love steeped it up a notch this season, and I can see he is becoming a veteran, a leader to the team, and most importantly, he isnt whining on every play. He is getting back and playing defense, and he is feeding other players with some nice passes.

It would have been nice if we would have won the game against the Clippers, and the first game with Cleveland. But I honestly think as a team, you learn a lot more from a close loss, then you do from a win. This team still needs a SF to step up, or even to make a trade for one. I wouldnt mind seeing Hummel running in the SF position in the starting unit when we can run small ball until Budinger returns.

If we can stay healthy this year, we could go a couple rounds in to the playoffs. But lets not get to far ahead of ourselves with that kinda crazy talk.

Quote:

Chase Budinger (knee surgery) has been cleared to resume basketball activities, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

He will rejoin the team this weekend but his return date is still uncertain. When he returns it will be interesting to see how Rick Adelman handles the starting SF position. Budinger was slated to start prior to his injury and may take the job once he's up to speed, but Corey Brewer has played very well during Minnesota's 6-3 start this season, and he leads the NBA in fast-break points. We will have many more Budinger updates before he's ready to play in a game

Quote:

Updating a previous report, Chase Budinger (knee) will rejoin the Wolves this week but he has not been cleared for basketball activities.

According to the Wolves' PR department, "[budinger] has been cleared to return to Minneapolis to continue his rehab. He remains sidelined indefinitely." Beat writer Jon Krawczynski suggests that "mid- to late-December" is a realistic timetable for Budinger to return -- he's been limited to treadmill workouts and will need to regain his strength and conditioning once he's fully cleared. Minnesota isn't likely to rush him into action coming off a second knee surgery, especially with Corey Brewer thriving as the team's starting SF.

All ESPN could talk about yesterday was Kobe Bryant's terrible contract and how the Lakers are going to go after a big name free agent, and Love's name got brought up constantly. If/when we lose Love to free agency, I am going to be done supporting this team. I am so sick of Minnesota sports teams grooming young guys into superstars, only to have them be swept up by big market teams

All ESPN could talk about yesterday was Kobe Bryant's terrible contract and how the Lakers are going to go after a big name free agent, and Love's name got brought up constantly. If/when we lose Love to free agency, I am going to be done supporting this team. I am so sick of Minnesota sports teams grooming young guys into superstars, only to have them be swept up by big market teams

You can't blame a guy for wanting to go back home to play.