• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stick type bottom bouncers

Bobberboy

I'm looking for opinions on the stick type bottom bouncers vs the conventional type. I have switched to wingit walking sinkers which work quite well and I see that make a stick type bottom bouncer as too. It makes sense but money is money and I want to buy what works best.

Thanks

I have tried the slick sticks. Not a huge fan but didn't give them a ton of time. Since then i've bought own bottom bouncer mold and wire...Can't stand the purchase prices on a piece of SST Wire and a chunk of lead.

One HUGE benefit to the slick stick is that you can feed line through the sinker, whereas a typical bottom bouncer the line is attached to the sinker.

I started using Slick Sticks this summer and I'll never go back to the L shaped bouncers. I don't feed fish line when I use them so that isn't a benefit for me, but it's extremely rare that they snap up, they don't spin when you pull them out of the water, they're easier to store both on and off a rod. and I find the feel of the bottom to be better than L shaped bouncers. They're expensive, I agree, but I've used them alot this summer and have never lost one from a snag.

I started using Slick Sticks this summer and I'll never go back to the L shaped bouncers. I don't feed fish line when I use them so that isn't a benefit for me, but it's extremely rare that they snap up, they don't spin when you pull them out of the water, they're easier to store both on and off a rod. and I find the feel of the bottom to be better than L shaped bouncers. They're expensive, I agree, but I've used them alot this summer and have never lost one from a snag.

I agree with kfk. switched to northlands slick sticks and wont go back. i like the swivel on the top of the weight. keeps them from getting tangled up. your main line is also tied direct to your leader so you get a much better feel. well worth the $$$.

I'm going to give them a go. I've used the older style snap on stick weights and they were OK but only came in 1/4oz - 3/4oz I see the new sticks weights are available up to 3oz (which is what I need)

I cannot stand those wire/lead weights anymore...I'd prefer to have a direct connection to my rig.

I have a friend who makes some real nice walking single arm bottom bouncers that slide on the line when you give the fish line. He sells them in shops in the Duluth area. They work as good as any others I have tried and way cheaper. Marine General, Chalstroms and Fishermans Corner all have them.