• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transom Mount to Bow Mount??

LaVoi

Question

I am trying to upgrade my dad's 91' alumacraft a bit because I use it way more than he does. He has an older (early 90's) Minnkota transom mount trolling motor, can't remember the thrust off hand. I was wondering if you can buy the accessories so you can use it as a bowmount as well. Ideally I would buy a new trolling motor but can't afford it right now. If those accessories are available, where could a guy find it and any idea of a price range? Thanks

[This message has been edited by LaVoi (edited 02-06-2003).]

1 answer to this question

I have an older lund ws16, didnt have an area at the bow to mount anything to, but I made one out of 3/4" plywood, cut to fit the bow and back about 20" from the tip.carpeted, to mount my transom mount TM to it, I bolted a 2x4x8"long on edge, at the edge of the bow on one side, works good! dont know if you have enough room for the bolt ends and nuts? or access? cheaper than a new bow mount tho.

[This message has been edited by minneman (edited 02-06-2003).]