• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cedar River

Fished below a dam yesterday. Only had two hours to fish, but! Since I was fishing from shore the wind was a BIG problem!!! Had lots of hits, but with such a bow in my line hook sets stunk. Did manage two walleye( a 14 and a 10)one little crappie, and a couple of small bass. Not bad for one of my last outings for the year.

Finally fished the little river. Gorgeous morning  for a start! I should have had my limit of 5, but manage to mess up numerous times. Early in the morning the bite was very light. They would just pick it up. Most times I couldn't feel the bite. ( I have nerve damage in my hands; so not a lot of feeling)  Later you could feel the tick. Took two nice walleye and a big blue gill home. Lost several other fish, and caught 5 fun small mouth and a few small walleye. AND got bit off 6 times by northern! I tried cranks, and a spoon trying to catch the buggers, BUT!!

A GOOD morning!

Went over the other evening for a change.( normally fish mornings) Think I just got in on the tail end of the bite. Caught two small fish right away, but nothing after that. What was VERY disappointing was the fact I had FOUR otters swimming in the area below the dam not far from me. I saw how may fish one of them would kill during  a winter a few years ago.( by all the dead fish laying on the ice; bass, catfish northern and rough fish)  Don't want to think how many four will kill!:cry: Weather permitting, going to try in the morning before the storms move in.

Went over Sat. and Sun. mornings. Saturday was slow except for about half an hour when everybody was catching fish. Did my best floating a 2 in. power minnow suspended  about 4 ft. under a float; fished alongside rack bars in the river. Took two nice eaters home.

Sunday was slow for every one. Was having some luck again floating the minnow, but the location of the active fish I was looking into the sun. Had terrible time telling bites. Tried line watching  but with the wind it was tuff! Took one eater home to add the others. Had a nice meal . 

Went over for a morning last week.( ben busy with family things!!) The water has been up, but was very clear. Fishing was slow for walleye, with just seeing three caught, Lots of northern with most being small. I did manage to loose about a 4 - 5 lb. trying to get it on shore before I was bit off. Almost made it!:D

Hope to try this week end with warmer temps. 

Went over for a while Sat. morning, with wife's son in law. Neither of us could get any hits working jigs and plastics. I switched to my jig and float. Released a 24 in walleye.; 12 in smallie, then gave the set up to Dave. Took a little bit to get him using it right, but he managed four smaller walleye, and one keeper. I re rigged one of my other rods, and managed two nice keepers.  Water was up, but fairly clear.