• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Bison!

RiverFish

OMG!  Another loss!  

Did you know that was their fourth loss since 2011

Funny, it also equals the same number of national championships since then, and one less than the Jackholes had last season alone. 

B8XpZXVCIAA3rBu.jpg

#KissTheRing(s)

smiley95.gif

Typical (enter any FCS team not named NDSU here) fan.

Their own team can't beat them, so they have to relish when another team finally does.  That's the definition of pathetic right there, not to mention it just illustrates how terrible their team really is.

Losing to #12 in the country on their field on the season opener is a bad loss?  Doh-kay.  

Get back to me in December when it matters. smiley95.gif

any early predictions for the Dakota Marker battle tomorrow? I got tickets to the game looking forward to going and checking out the new stadium renovations so far in Brookings.

I wont be rooting for anyone just want to watch a good game in a fun atmosphere. A great team's gonna win and a great team's gonna lose.

The streak is at 5 in a row for the Dakota Marker in favor of NDSU, but 7 if you count the playoffs (which the Marker is not played for) but SDSU hasn't exactly not competed in the series

Ndsu seems to be a bit down this year. An early loss and haven't been steamrolling lesser opponents like the past few years. 

Sdsu has moved on from Zach zener better than anyone could have imagined. 

I forsee a close game between two great teams. As far as predictions, I like to think Sdsu pulls it out, but I would not be willing to put money on either team.

Edited by creepworm

Ndsu seems to be a bit down this year. An early loss and haven't been steamrolling lesser opponents like the past few years. 

NDSU vs. "lesser opponents":

NDSU/Weber St.: 41-14

NDSU/Siouxage: 34-9

That isn't "steamrolling"?

I understand that SDSU is better than those two and they're playing at home, but NDSU has taken care of business when they needed to.  

I expect a competitive game but it's hard to bet against the champs at this point.  

Sdsu has moved on from Zach zener better than anyone could have imagined. 

SDSU points: 7

SDSU rushing yards: -4

the only thing that was more unbelievable than what happened this weekend besides Michigan State was a garbage team like USD beating NDSU in Fargo.

I dont think it hurts NDSU at all as far as the MVC goes though, just a bump in the road. I have a feeling they wont be playing down to their opponents level the rest of the year. Thats a bad loss regardless.

I dont think it hurts NDSU at all as far as the MVC goes though, just a bump in the road. I have a feeling they wont be playing down to their opponents level the rest of the year. Thats a bad loss regardless.

First off, I have enjoyed watching the Bison represent the MVC so well even though they are not my favorite MVC team.  I respectfully challenge the playing down aspect.  By my assessment they are at the tail-end of the Bohl era recruits/coaching and the Bison (overwhelming) dominance.  I've replayed (at least 4X) the incomplete pass with 30+ seconds left against UNI the week before, and could easily have seen the call being a fumble with a UNI recovery, which would have given UNI the victory and ended the home win streak a week before.  If it were merely a matter of "playing down", that should have been the alarm bell.  Too bad about Wentz, although I think his draft stock is overrated.  "GO JACKS!!!"

I respectfully challenge the playing down aspect.

How do you say that after they completely "steam rolled" SDSU on the road in Brookings in every aspect of the game? Then they lose to USD at home? Especially with what SDSU can do on offense and to have NDSU completely shut them down but give up 24 to USD at home. It doesnt make sense.

But, hey at least the Jacks have 2 QB's for the time being, bet that is a problem NDSU would love to have right now :)

How do you say that after they completely "steam rolled" SDSU on the road in Brookings in every aspect of the game? Then they lose to USD at home? Especially with what SDSU can do on offense and to have NDSU completely shut them down but give up 24 to USD at home. It doesnt make sense.

But, hey at least the Jacks have 2 QB's for the time being, bet that is a problem NDSU would love to have right now :)

If they play up to their opponents how do explain the loss against Montana.

SDSU vs. NDSU is each schools biggest rivalry game. They get amped up and NDSU was more amped up than SDSU and beat them.

Every word Hawgchaser wrote is right on the money. NDSU is simply not the undeniable powerhouse they have been in past years. They are still a good team, just not the runaway top team in FCS that is heads and tails ahead of the rest.

Oh, and I agree. GO JACKS!!!

Edited by creepworm