• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scheels Brand Crankbaits

Last night at Scheels I picked up a bunch of their store brand crankbaits. They were on sale and I liked a few of the colors so I figured I would give them a shot.

I am guessing some of them out of the box will need to be tuned but its expected with a cheaper crankbait. I got at least one of each style and size they make. On the packaging they do not list approximate diving depth or max diving depth so I am not sure where to start when trolling these baits. To my knowledge there are no dive charts made for them.

Has anyone tried these and what are your thoughts on them? Also does anyone have any idea how deep these baits run?

Thanks!

Match the bills up to tested lures and go from there. I would assume most will "roll" if not tuned precisely.

good luck and I hope you didn't get the short end of the stick, I bought some deep running fisherman series from cabelas and don't like how they track even after tweeking them.

I had good luck trolling Scheels cranks last fall....they ran true out of the "box" (or plastic case), and they were running roughly the same depth as shad raps (maybe a bit shallower). Don't quote me on that, though, as my only times trolling them I didn't zero them out (fishing deep weedlines and never hitting bottom).

I had one really good night last fall on Mille Lacs trolling them on the outside of weedlines o'er by Malmo, and the only problem was that the treble hooks didn't make it past 20 fish or so (I've had the same problem with flicker shads). After a few pulls from the pliers, one (or more) of the tines on the back treble broke off.