• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bottom Line TM

Dave

Question

Guys,
I've had this problem for awhile. I have a Bottom Line Tournament Master. Every once in awhile, the unit will "lock up" at a depth displayed of 6 feet. Always 6 feet. Say, if I'm coming up or dropping off a bar, sometimes, when it hits 6 feet, it'll lock up. High speed or low boat speed as well. If I turn the Bottom Line power off and then back on, everything seems back to normal. It's a tough problem but any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Sounds like it's made by Microsoft....like Windows, you have to reboot to make it work... grin.gif No offense Dave, just wanted to put a funny remark on something that affects me in my daily work.

Valv,
I'm a Microsoft rebooter as well smile.gif I think it's a unit hiccup somewhere and the fix is an updated model (I can't see a transducer causing this problem). I thought one of you yo-yo's, ah, I mean experts wink.gif might have seen this problem before. But, it's probably just mine that does it.

Lock up is usually caused by the return of a signal to the transducer before the orignal signal is finished being sent. This confuses the unit and they will either lock at a depth or flash a very high depth. Sometimes dropping the sensitivity down helps. But this is a normal occurance, it can happen to any unit and no two units will be the same.

Rob

Ah, thanks Rob! I usually run my bottom sensitivity up kind of high. I'll drop it down and see what happens. (I knew I'd get an expert's opinion.)