• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

August 8th, 2013 - Turtle Flambeau Flowage - Mercer Wisconsin 54547

The fishing the last week in general has been much slower than all summer, there were a couple days that the fish were downright uncooperative. Even on these days with the fishery as strong as it is on the TFF a shore lunch of walleyes and perch is obtainable. On the tougher days it is done by fishing a lot of spots, scanning some first with the electronics then deciding weather or not to fish them, looking at deeper wood in 12-16'. For 5 or 6 days after the cold front ( July 26-28 ) smallmouth were all but absent from the catch,we're catching nice sized bass again, a deadstick with a big leech catching most of them. In the deeper water I've been putting an 1/8 oz. jig on the deadstick instead of a 1/16 . Also had some good luck on humps in 8-11' with good wood structure and rocks.

Got a tip from Doc at the landing 5or 6 days ago, he had a day where he could only catch walleyes on minnows, it was a day I struggled, I've been taking minnows ever since and had three days in a row where almost all the walleyes and some of the perch and bass came on the biggest fatheads I could get. Thanks for the tip Doc!