• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No Live Bait Rule in upcoming Walleye Tournament - Devils Lake

Interesting....I wonder how that will go? I like that move!

DEVILS LAKE, N.D. – The Masters Walleye Circuit will be making a return visit to Devils Lake on Friday and through Sunday. But the professional anglers will be tossed a curveball with a change in the rules.

In a departure from walleye tournament norms, no natural, live or prepared baits – including minnows, leeches or night crawlers – will be allowed for the tournament. Only man-made baits will be allowed – including soft plastics, Berkley Gulp-type products, crank baits, spinners and other artificial presentations.

Should be interesting, although on a lake as productive as Devil's it may not make much of a difference. I'm sure there will be alot of solid bags put together pulling cranks as well as spinners with Gulp crawlers.

No big deal on Devils Lake. Currently the Bite on Devils Lake has been on Berkly gulp behind spinner rigs. If you cant find a fish on Devils Lake right now, your line is not in the water.

Looks like a few boats found some good fish. I was out there on Saturday and didn't boat anything bigger than 18". The lack of wind didn't help much either. I did manage to catch plenty of "eater size" fish. I'm curious if the guys that didn't weigh full limits were throwing back smaller keepers knowing they would have to do much better to place? Seems the lake is full of 15-17" fish...