• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berkley Nanofil

I can't remember if this has been a topic here but I am disappointed in this product. I've read quite a few other comments about the line and they mentioned the line breakage after a few uses and that's exactly the problem I ran into. After two times out without a problem this line broke 5 times on me today, and not at the knot. Always on the set. Catching 2-5 lb. bass shouldn't break 10 lb. line. I wouldn't be so upset but there's five bass swimming around with a 5-0 wide gap in their face. One of the very few Berkley-Pure Fishing products I've ever been totally dissatisfied with. Anybody else had this experience with this line?

I've had no problems with it. You can't use a bobber stoper with it though.

I do know it is so thin that the line can slip through the the gap in the eye of the hook. It is the reason it use 30lb superbraid when using 4and5/0 hooks.

Don't be like Mike Ike, if you start the hook set in the front of the boat you should finish the hook set in the front of the boat.

My main problem with it is it is too slick. Even with the recommended knots the lighter pound tests just don't seem to hold a knot well. With any other line I can tie once and be done. With this I seem to have to tie about 5 times every time.

I was using 4lb nano for ice fishing the last 2 seasons and had good luck with it. So good infact, that I spooled up one of my spinning rods with 12lb nano for casting jigs to rocky reefs and wing dams. So far I have had more than a dozen breaks on hook sets. I thought maybe it was pike breaking me off so I put a 10 lb. mono leader on my jigs and found that the line was breaking somewhere between the leader and rod tip. Nano is coming off and going in the garbage. Going back to Fireline, Powerpro or Suffix 832. It's too bad because it handles so nice I thought it was going to be the ticket! I did get some dandy fish while using it but I just don't have the confidence in it.

mw

Steve,

I have found that snail mail along with the remaining product almost always has had positive results for me. I am nice and explain the situation and why I am disatified with the product and also make mention of simalar products that do work for me. Many times they refund we with the simalar product.

I always call the company at the very least to see what they say about the warranty and if they will stand behind the product. Afterall, it is their name on it as it sits there broken.

mw