• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lazer Blades on a Mora ?

deadeye

Question

I was wondering if anyone has tried to put the lazer hand auger blades on a mora auger. I think it might not work because the lazer has a special curve of the blades but I thought it might be worth a try. I like how the lazer hand auger slices through the ice, and i have one of the moras so I wonder if they would swap out.

2 answers to this question

what is wrong with the Mora blades? I have a Mora and it slices through just fine, we even have aboot 2 1/2 to 3 ft of ice up here. The problem i have noticed when using my buddies lazer is that it tends (always) to stick at that last little bit of ice, and it is hard to get it to break through without horsing it so much that you almost bend the handle. I personally am going to stick with Moras as long as i use hand augers.

I haven't had any problems with my mora but I personaly think even with sharp blades on the mora the lazer is a lot faster. I like to do walk in trips to the boundary waters and after walking anything that makes drilling holes easier is good in my book. i agree that the mora works fine but why not make it better. ><>
deadeye