• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Colored sinkers???

Bobb-o

Question

anyone try those northland colored sinkers? what do you use them for? do you just put them a little bit over a plain hook to attract fish? does anyone feel these have made much of a difference?

7 answers to this question

Bobb-o, a couple years back we noticed while viewing with the aqua view that the fish, mainly perch and sunnies were nibbling at the sinker which was located 12-18 inches above the hook and bait. I now attach my sinkers directly at the hook knot.
I don't feel this has discouraged any takers.
I receieved my colored sinkers in the mail a couple weeks back. I did not get them from the tackle company you named.
So far the orange ones seem to have an advantage...
Good Luck...

After years of painting my own split shots (now there's a job for staying up late nights) I would love to find some of the colored ones. None of my tackle dealers seem to have figured it out yet. I liked painting mine Glow Chartreuse. Don't have proof that it worked, but made me feel more confidant that I was attracting fish...and kept me up late at night and out of the pubs!
doggone

I've purchased the Northland Hot Shots at Joe's Sporting Goods in St. Paul Mn, I'm sure that you can get them at other places or in catalogs or on-line.

They do seem to attract fish. Also, you can make "lures" or attractors by combining various colors of the small ones. A great guide I know combines small green, red, and yellow or chartreuse hot shots to make "fire tiger" attractor/sinker combinations which pull in perch and walleye