• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

heaters

jackoh58

Question

We cought about 95 large gills here in norwalk ohio this weekend. We were luckey enough to have the whole 17 acre lake to ourselves. Anyway my shack is 6X8 and insulated with foam, and seems pretty easy to heat as long as the ends are blocked off to keep the draft from coming up the fishing holes. Would like some feedback on different heaters. Was looking at a Mr. Heater because it looks like it could go up against the wall and save room. What do you guy,s think?

Oh yea we are finialy getting to fish lake Erie for a change and the waleye are coperating too!

8 answers to this question

Go with the Mr. Heater/Cooker. You can buy a 5' hose for it that attaches to a bulk tank. You can drill a hole in your shack and attach the tank outside to save space. You can also make some great meals on it while the fishing is slow. it woudl be plenty of heat for a shack that size. I use mine in an 8x8 canvas portable and it stays warm enough as long it is above zero degrees outside and there is enough snow around the outside to bank around the house to prevent wind.

Actually the Buddy will heat a well insulated 6X8 most days up here, stfcatfish (I only know beccause that's exactly the size fish house and heater I have smile.gif). If it gets below zero it doesn't get real warm, tho. I was surprise that the Buddy Heater doesn't keep my portable warmer, though. At 9000 BTUs it should be pretty similar to the "low" setting on a Mr. Heater, but it didn't do the job on Saturday, and it was downright balmy then(low thirties). A Mr. Heater is probably the way to go if you want to stay warm.

jack , I have a 5' hose I run my Mr.heater/cooker off a #20 tank. No tools required at all. Got it at Farm and Fleet. I think Cabela's carries them too. Like Hunt says , just drill a hole in the side of your shack to run the hose through and your good to go.