• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crow Lake lakers

Can someone please give me a general idea of some locations to try for trout in the next couple weeks. I will be in Nestor Falls and remember a boat launch just off the blacktop a few miles north of town. I can us downriggers if that is the best option.

The Trout have been scattered all over the place with the late spring and cooler temps. I have been locating them anywhere from 30' to 110'. I do suspect they will be heading for the deeper water very soon. Crow Lake has a good Trout population but there is a lot of deep water all over the lake so that can make them difficult to locate and ultimately catch. I will a lot of times find them suspended in the deeper water and over the deep holes but not on the bottom. Other times then can be laying on the bottom and the locator won't even pick them up and this can seem to change from week to week. There is a lot of dead water so if your not marking anything don't stay in one spot too long. There is also a good population of Whitefish that can sometimes be mistaken for trout. I typically have the best luck vertical jigging but trolling is always an option. They feed on silver shiner minnows so a bait in natural shiner color is a what I have the most consistent luck with however, I have done well on blues and red and white too. If you head East from the Government dock you will find plenty of deep water near Gull island.(Very Rocky no trees out in the middle) You can also find good deep water south of Hay island which is just a bit further east. The central part of the lake which would be northwest of the government dock also has a lot of deep spots and can produce good numbers. Good luck!