• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why Colorado Blades....

for walleyes? It seems all spinners come with just the Colorado blades and no Indiana or Willowleaf. Are Colorado blades the best or is it that pre tied spinners you buy in a store just happen to all have that blade?

My belief is that those blades are for slow rolling were as a willow leaf needs more speed to turn Indiana blades turn easier but give off less vibration. I'm no pro but that's what I've been told and experienced.

Colorado always works best for myself. Willowleaf seems to get more northerns, but I say always have at least a couple of each and let the fish tell you what they want.

This seems to be a Lindy and Northland thing. Most of their rigs are Colorado-style. Tell your bait shop owner to order from JB lures. They have the willow-leaf style blades. I have used both, and for me, it's a day-to-day thing with those wiley fish! Seems like they want a different flavor every day! But hey, don't we all! whistle

I have quite a few homemade inline spinners. My double #5 colorado with a bell chamber (similar to vibrax spinners) is a big thumper, but my smaller double willowleaf with just a silver weight in the middle flies through the water.

Low frequency high amplitude vibrations vs high frequency low amplitude.

Low frequency flash vs MANY small flashes

Silver salmon love my double willow leaf spinners (silver) much better than double colorado (pink/purple), but I'd say that it's the other way 'round with pike.

as for what walleyes like.. I haven't caught any yet on either.