• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HB 1264 - just read that it passed in the North Dakota Outdoors magazine

Just read in the North Dakota Outdoors Magazine that HB 1264 passed. Did I read this correct - that the non resident 14 day waterfowl hunting is not counted against for canada geese hunting with HB 1264????

This could be looked at "good"...this could be looked at "bad".

Yeah it passed both houses and was signed by the governor.Scroll down to 1264 on the next page.It basically starts a new season and licenses for early Canadas.

Another shot by commercial operators getting every dime they can.We could see this coming a few years ago when it was a couple of counties,then a couple more,until it would be the whole state.

I wonder how long it will take before southern guiding operations start taking advantage of this?Basically another kick in the shorts for ND sportsman

They've been trying to control the burgeoning local Canada goose population for years to no avail. I believe they're looking at this as a sort of "last straw" before taking more drastic measures (i.e. nest destruction) that don't involve hunters.

I don't like it, but what can you do? We may have more geese than ever, but I can honestly say with the changes to the early season, I haven't had a really good early goose hunt for 5-6 years.