• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Going to be in the Webster area next thursday and wondering what lakes are kicking fish out. This is our first time going out there and are looking for walleyes and crappies. For the last few years we have tossed the idea around and are finally coming there.

Not looking for GSP locations but lakes and how to target them like pulling raps, jigging, or lindys.

As I said this is all new to us.

Thanks,

Froggy

Froggy... Just got back from the webster area on saturday. We we there from wednesday afternoon through saturday morning. Fishing was fantastic. Five of us had our daily limit of walleye on wednesday evening and then again on thursday. After that we just fished pike and caught a pile of those too. It was my first time out there. A few buddies were kind enough to invite me along. To be honest with you, I don't know the names of most of the places we fished. I dont think some of them are even named. I will say this, we cautght plenty of fish right from the road. To me it was weird feeling like I was casting into a duck slough, but lots of them had walleye in them. If you do go out in the boat, fish the wind blown shorelines. We fished rocky shorelines with steep breaks and found fish in 6-8 feet of water. Rapala clackin minnows, minnow raps, and shad raps all worked well. Orange and silver both worked. Bring your waders along too in case you want to wade out somewhere to make casting easier. Also, make sure you have mimic minnows if you are casting for walleyes. They were a very hot bait.

Thanks for the info. I have heard nothing but good reports from the area that and that the people are great and willing to share info.

Thanks for sharing your report. I will post when I get back. Can not wait to leave.

Froggy

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I have heard nothing but good reports from the area that and that the people are great and willing to share info.

I will concur that the fishing is fantastic in SD--been going there for over 30 years.

That "the people are great and willing to share info"...How many responses have you gotten from the guys in SD? Look at the activity on this thread. Even my in-laws still badmouth the "Iowegians" and other out-of-state fishermen who come to SD and spend a lot of tourism dollars in the area.

I just got back from SD after a one-day stop with some mid-day fishing at body of water in Clark County. Walleyes and northern pike in less than 7 ft. of water non-stop from 10:30 until 2:00 PM. Mimic minnows were phenomenal. Bottom bouncers with crawlers on spinners--didn't matter what color--were even better.

There is so much water to fish in the Glacial Lakes area that you couldn't fish it all if you hit a different body of water every day throughout the summer.

Explore. Learn to guerilla fish and boat launch--most of the water doesn't have "public access." You find a county road that leads to the "lake" and back it in slowly where others have been. Don't worry if there's no one there. If there are more than six trucks, it will be fished hard for the next two weekends and cool off.

In posts on here, don't name the smaller bodies of water where you catch fish. Nobody will begrudge a report about Waubay or Bitter or Lynn, but if you give a shout out extolling the hot bite on XYZ Slough, you'll hear about it.

Good luck, and keep on fishing SD.