• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle Lake Area Question

A group of 10 of us are going to stay in the Blue Lake Provincial Park this coming weekend. Can anyone out there give us some lakes to fish walleye in the Vermilion Bay area. We are new to the area but have stayed further north. We are equipped with 18+ foot boats. We would like to do trout, northern and walleye in our four days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I will post back after our return.

Even though no one replied but I said I would report so here it is. Blue Lake has decent trout in it. We found them in 20-40 ft of water. Long lining worked best but we did not try to shore fish at all.

Worked a couple of lakes in the area for walleyes and had limited success. Amazing how Blue can be so clear and the surrounding lakes are so stained.

We tried Eagle one day for lakers and came up empty for four boats. Saw fish on the graph at 44 feet but getting them to bite was a different story.

Had a group travel up to Cliff and they did all right on lakers. Biggest trout there was 28.5.

Overall a good trip. Found out about some more lakes we may have to fish later this summer.