• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

???Fishing Buddy loading ststem????

Question

The "Fishing Buddy" brand loading system for trailer front lock? Do they work well? Pro's and con's of them would be handy to know?

It is the aotomatic pin lock system if I was not clear.

Thanks

------------------
"Backwater Eddy"
Backwater guide service
"Ed on the RED"
[email protected]
701-671-3079

4 answers to this question

I looked at them when they first came out a few years ago. They seemed to be a good idea, at least on paper. In order for the unit to work properly the boat must be driven up the trailer perfectly straight every time. In current or wind that could be a problem. But the thing that i didnt care for the mpst was that it left no room for a safety chain to attach to the boat. If it didnt latch on a steep landing you could drop the boat off the trailer. But those are just my ideas.

Rob

Ya Rob! I had the same thoughts about it as well. See all kinds of fun and games in a rough landing. Like if you miss and it trigers, then what, climb out and reset it again? YAAAA,funny deal maybe?

Been there-did that!~ It worked great...when it worked. As stated....a little miss and your in trouble. It clicked shut with out me knowing it...then i hit it and blooey...They replaced it fast (with wrong part). Sent the whole thing back to them the second time. That was 3 years ago. Still haven't heard from them!!!!!

OK-Thanks guys! I think I will pass on this TIME SAVER, and stick to the clip. I suspected it had more bug's them pay offs?

Thanks again!!

Backwater.........