• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Repairing vexilar transducer cable

Question

Does anyone have a good suggestion about how to fix a vexilar transducer cable that has nicks and tears from 9 years of use? I am interested in some fix better than electrical tape.

7 answers to this question

Heat Shrink tubing is an excellent improvement over electrical tape.

Give the cord a good tight wrap in electrical tape before shrinking the tubing on. You want to keep the moisture out.

Behind me will be a few folks that will tell you to buy a new one, and that what you are trying to do is not going to last and is a waste of time.

I say if you got the 5 minutes it will take to repair the cord then go for it and save $65.

Before someone comes along and says it won't work...Remember it says right in the Vex owners manual that ducer cables MAY be spliced.

Scott

I tried the electrical tape route a couple of years ago after I slipped and hit the cable with my auger blade. I had mixed sucess and then took it to Velilar. they are in Bloomington and my wife droped it off on her way to work one day and I had it back the next for $5. they put some sort of heat shrink material on it and it has been working great ever since. If you are close to Vexilar thats the way I would go. Or but a new cable.

------------------
"I'd rather be fishing"

Mike