Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wormfood

Emergency Blanket needed

4 posts in this topic

Where could a guy find one of those emergency blankets. The type with the foil on one side an poly on the other. Target, Gander Mtn, Galyan's?

Thanks.

Galyans. In the camping department. Using it in your portable?

Yeah, I was going to see how much it weighs/costs compared to that reflectix stuff. The reflectix is really light but may be more brittle than the blanket and a 4'x25' roll is $30.

I got my blanket at Galyan's. MCI or something similar starting with an M. Cost = $12.99

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Definitely plan on doing some pulling by hand ealry ice so I'm thinking the cabin it is then. Thanks for the tips and info on the otters and equipment it's been a very big help!
    • Yep, I've contacted 4 or 5 campgrounds in the last couple of days. One has gotten back to me, the rest have not yet.   We will be up that way over the Labor Day holiday so we can check out a few campgrounds while we are there. We actually checked out 2 or 3 while we were up there last year at that time.   I'm not too sure if we are ready to take the plunge yet or not but we are close.
    •   If you are start talking to the owners of the campgrounds now about letting you know when there may be an opening. Ours fills up during the summer but at the end of the season the owners will start hearing about those that will be moving out at the end of the year. Lot's of relatives will tell their families as soon as they hear someone is moving out. Good Luck.
    • Thanks guys. Looks like there are a few lakes to checkout.
    • I really hope the wolves aren't seriously considering this. You take LeBron James off the cavs, and Irving leads them to an 8 seed in the east, at best! This is going to be KAT's team for years to come, so if Irving is looking to be top dog, it certainly won't be here! Personally, I don't think he'll be traded. If the lakers show any sign of improvement in this upcoming season, LeBron will be leaving to go there anyway, so Irving just needs to be patient and he'll be he top guy again.
    • We're definitely checking out our options in a couple of areas we like but I'm not sure if it will happen as early as next year or not.
    • Definitely something to be said about parking it an leaving.  My fees are nothing except the bills I help pay for at the family cabin.  Would hate hooking and unhooking all the time.
    • Still have my old sno-boat. Best portable shelter out there for pulling by hand. You scored a heck of a deal! I feel mine is irreplaceable! I don't use it much, but when I do, I'm so glad I have taken care of it and still have it 16 years later. I've had 1 zipper replaced on the D-door and some patching done at Canvas Craft years ago.  I think the other zipper is on it's way out, and will definitely get that repaired when needed. 
    • If you planning on doing any hand pulling at all then do not get the lodge she is a tank and would not fit in a short box. As long as your not 300+ lbs you'll be perfectly comfortable with 2 adults in the cabin. Also a cheap alternative to Hifax are a set of old downhill skis (normally $7-15 @ goodwill) I pull mine across parking lots all the time behind the wheeler and they hold up really well. An added bonus is if you cut them off at the end of the sled then they work great for loading and unloading the shack from your pickup box by yourself because the steel sides dig into the ground a bit keeping the bottom from sliding out.
    • tip to a couple good friends   Len,
      Thank you for the stream recommendation, Len! I love the layout of this stream. Fished it from 3pm until 6:30pm.  My brother threw panther 9s and I threw 6s. We scored a brookie/brown/bow trifecta.    
  • Our Sponsors