• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

saturdays game parking

paceman

Heading down this saturday for my first trip to Target Field. bring my 8 yr old son. Pretty stoked about it. Would you guys recommend I drive to the stadium and find parking there or would it be easier to park further away and take the light rail. I know there are lots of options, just wondering what you guys have done that works best with a young lad.

If you're coming from DL, I would just take the downtown exit by 394 and park in Garage A, B or C. You can just walk right out to the stadium from there. Maybe get there a little early to avoid the rush. Coming from the north it's going to be more of a pain to take the light rail.

Lots of parking downtown. Obviously the closer to the stadium the more you'll pay but if you were to park outside of downtown and take the light rail in you will probably end up spending more money on light rail than if you pay for parking. Also it will take longer to take light rail as you'll have to sit and wait for the train both coming and going. I always tell people if you are already in the car then just drive downtwon and park.

If you don't mind walking a couple blocks you can find parking off of Hennepin Ave for $5-7 usually. I tend to park at 9th and Hennepin becuase its close to Rockbottom where i go for pregame beer but there are lots just off Hennepin that are closer to the stadium as well.

Parking is fine down by Target Field. Good recommendations above.

Another option I'm gonna throw out there is to take the Northstar train. Its not light rail, its a full sized commuter train that runs on the same tracks as the freight trains. And I only mention it because my 5 and 9 year old daugthers get as much of a kick out of the train ride as they do the game itself. Your return trip will take a little longer as it waits 45 minutes after last out to leave.

It would only make sense if you are coming down Hwy 10, as the stations are all very near 10. If you come down 94 it will be out of your way. You should get a seat if you get on in Elk River or Ramsey. From Anoka onward you will likely have to stand (though it gets cheaper as you get closer to TF).

Link below for cost and station info:

Northstar 888 info

I have decided to follow Solbes advice. Gonna drive down to Rogers tonight, do the hotel/pool thing. buzz over to cabelas in the morning, hop on the train in Elk River. Should be a great trip!

Those are great seats. I sat their once in the middle of summer and it is hot though. Zero wind even if the flags are blowing, the wind is usually at your back making it super hot.

This is the wallpaper on my work computer.

Remember when there were trees in the outfield and people in the stands? smile

full-28138-32606-homeplate.jpg

Yeah we had really good seats! Especially for being free! A friend gave them to us. My picture was taken pretty close to where we were sitting about a hour before the game. It was pretty full at game time. About 38,000 in attendance. I wish the pine trees were still there.

Really cool Paceman! Glad the train and game worked out for ya.

Those spruce trees were great and would have been awesome given another few years of growth. But I guess I don't have to try and hit a 92 mph fastball that sinks down and away.