• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Great Lakes Opening weekend.

So I am thinking of bringing my 12 yr old son up the the Great Lakes for the walleye opener. I plan on signing up for the fishing contest (just incase we luck into a tagged walleye). Any suggestions on what ramp or ramps to consider when we make the trip? Also what would be the suggested go to presentation if you could only do one? Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

All ramps are fine to use all will be crowded. Tactis vary depending on if you night fish or day fish. Personaly I'll troll cranks, many will slip bobber,some jig others livebait rig...Spirit will be your best choice for action, East a close 2nd West is not easy unless you are tuned into the lake...Last opener wife and I caught 25 and kept our 6 between 15-17 in 54 minutes....This year will be interesting with the colder temps...

Lots of slots we got 2 keepers under 17 between 12am and 3:30 am Saturday, 3 man limit finaly Saturday night all also under 17' but took alot of searching also had more slots... Trolling cranks was good to us...