• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anyone use a core auger?

minneman

Question

my bro returned from a weekend at LOW and his inlaws had a core arger,(3'x 8" steel cylinder) he said it worked very slick, just push the ice under and very little scooping to do, reopens holes easy too, where would one find one of these? do they work as good as he said? the only thing I would worrie about especialy up at LOW would be what to do when you have more than 3' of ice..

6 answers to this question

There called Big Ern's core auger. A local store in Grand Fork's carries them. They retail for $140. If I remember right they are made by someone close to the Grand Forks area.

I saw a demonstration video for them a couple winters back at Home of Economy in Grand Forks. Home of Economy outdoors department is (701) 795-3580. Someone there should know the deal, and if you're too far to go there to pick one up, I'm sure they'll ship it.

I believe the product does not include a powerhead, but is supposed to fit major brand auger heads.

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-03-2003).]

They don't come with the power head. Home of Economy's # is 701-795-3580. That is where I seen them. I was just in there today. They had them for Jiffy's, Eskimo's and they had one that wasn't in a box and wasn't labeled for what it fit.