• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nobles, Murray county, SW MN ice storm

Nobles, Rock, Murray, and I think maybe Cottonwood (not sure on this one) counties have been declared disaster areas and are now getting FEMA involved.

I live in Murray county and it's a mess. I don't know how wide spread it is but Nobles and Rock counties took a kick in the jimmie also. At my place we got a ton of ice and aboot 10" of snow on top of that. Yesterday was a warm (40) and sunny afternoon so some of it melted away, but we got more freezing rain last night and it's freezing rain right now. More freezing rain forcasted for tonight and rain/sleet/snow most of the upcoming week.

Prior to this little mess from Mother Nature (dat beotch be trippin) the ground was starting to thaw. If the birds and other critters can do a little digging through the snow and ice they'll fair better, if not, well, they'll die.

In the grand scheme of things - speaking strictly of pheasants - it won't be a big deal. The ice covered ground will be freed in a few days and the birds shouldn't be worse for the wear.

It sounds like a lot of trees went down. Through pheasant-colored glasses, this could just mean fewer roosting spots for birds of prey.

Say a few prayers for the people of this area that were hit hardest - trashed homes, wrecked property, and long spells of no electricity or heat. I hope they can get back on their feet and that we can start warming up and seeing the gentler side of spring soon.