• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trailer guides do they help?

mrpike1973

i have a trailer that has one roller on the front. the back is bunk. the boat i have only has a keel down the middle. no strips down the bottom. i'm worried that because the bunks cant snug up to a strip that i might have issues so i thought buying the posts that look like pvc pipes would help. havent been able to get it on the water to test but what are your thoughts thanks

I too like the bunk style more but no doubt even the PVC one's will help align your boat on the bottom bunks (AND you have the benefit of visual aid)- especially if you don't have any ribs to line them up for you as you have explained. Windy conditions/river it will no doubt help you a lot.

We have added the long aftermarket bunks that come most of the way up the sides of the boat to our trailer.They help a lot when loading in the fall,now we can load by driving boat on(maybe cranking up the last few ft)as it usually quite windy & these help getting it lined up right.I could see how they would help a lot on a river.We got ours at the big "C" store.A little spendy but worth it in IMO.

I've got side roller guides on my v-bottom trailer, and bunk style guides on my flat bottom. Wouldn't want to be without either, especially loading in wind or river current. They also are an excellent guide when backing up an empty trailer.

What are your guys opinion on roll vs bunk style guides, don't know which to go with. Also, what brands have you had good luck with, don't want to buy something that is going to fall apart in a year.