• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Root River Report

DARK30

I can't remember a more miserable trout opener than this one. The Root didn't look all that bad actually...a tad on the high side. I did find good water at a couple spots but the fish just weren't interested. I guess the worm dunkers had some limited success and I talked to one guy who managed to get two on a spinner bait. The weather is just plain crazy. Hopefully things will improve by next weekend and we'll just try again.

April 20. Still not the best conditions but found fish anyway. Water was still a little high and murky at 46 degrees.

This was a new one...I got this brown that had a partially digested snake coming out of it..

full-255-32334-img_2079.jpg

full-255-32335-img_2080.jpg

full-255-32336-img_2082.jpg

Its gonna get better!

full-255-32337-littlehigh.jpg

Its always a good idea to stop in at Curt's place on 52 just north of Preston. He has the word on whats happening...and believe me, Curt has lots of words! lol

full-255-32340-curts.jpg

Things are really looking better down in Fillmore County. The trout are biting best in the morning and again in the evening unless its cloudy. Water up to 56 degrees.

My good friend's boy with a nice big smile..

full-255-32584-cooper.jpg

full-255-32586-root1.jpg

full-255-32587-trout1.jpg