• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Performance engineering fish house

auger394

Would anyone like to provide any insight or info on Performance engineering fish houses? They seem reasonably priced and I have read a few decent reviews. Do you think the frames are better than ice castle frames? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've talked to quite a few people who are very happy with their Performance Engineering houses. Matter of fact, I've never heard a bad thing about them.

Some of the cabinet work I've seen in them isn't top notch, and I'm not crazy about the paneling they use (or any paneling for that matter), but that is kind of personal preference. Other than that, they are built on a nice solid frame, and the exteriors look great.

They used to build 8' wide, but maybe they have stopped.

I never called out there, I was looking at their options online and didn't see anything in 8' wide. It's still a purchase thats a ways off for me personally but it never hurts to look around and dream for the future.

I am on my 4th house from Tom and have all been great houses. His frames have always been trouble free. I have pulled my house all over from local lakes to millacs, red, winnie, and others up north and have all been trouble free miles!!

As far as the build workmanship. The steal frames are awesome(trouble free). The framing is awesome but, the interior work could be stepped up alittle to keep up with the other builders. But you are still getting a great house at a great price!!!

I have owned mine for 4 years now, I also did not like the inside work so I just bought the shell. Tom was good to work with. I would buy another one from him, I would order the shell again and do the inside myself. The one I have now I used my own windows because I like them larger than he used. He had no problem with that. I would also order it sooner the next time so I have more time to finish it. His operation is small and busy.