• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pork roast

Pulled Pork RBBQ

4lb pork roast

2 liter bottle of root beer

1 chopped onion

your favorite bbq sauce, about 20oz.

Put roast and onion in crock pot and cover with root beer. Cook on low for about 10 hours. Pour off root beer, shred meat with a fork, and stir in BBQ sauce. Cook on low for about 1 more hour. You can eat it right away, but it's even better if you let it sit in the fridge overnight.

This one is darn tastey.... I posted it a while ago...

Quote:
MMM MMM MMM in burritos, tacos and even with eggs for breakfast...

Ingredients

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use 3-4 cloves fresh garlic)

2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano

1 teaspoon ground coriander

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast

2-3 bay leaves

1 can chicken broth (10-12 oz)

I start by combining all the seasonings and rubbing down the pork. Get a big skillet hot and put a little oil in skillet. (traditionally you'd use lard which does leave a nice crispy outer surface) quickly sear the roast on all sides till browned. Put bay leaves on bottom of slow cooker, put roast on top of them and pour broth around roast. I put fresh garlic in at this point also.

Cook on low all day, remove roast shred into small chunks with 2 forks... it will shred very easily. I get my big cutting board out and chop it with a cleaver like they do in Mexico... Use juice in cooker to moisten meat to your liking...

Bye Bye Chipolte.

Good Luck!

Ken

Last one I did in the crockpot, I put on the smoker for a few hours first. Really gave it a lot of extra flavor along with a nice bark. You could also add a smoked pork hock for the same effect, I did both and was the best ever!

I like the pulled pork and carnitas ideas. Lots of flexibility with what to do with it. I have a bag of smoked pork in the freezer. Next weekend will be a dock putting in party on the Ann River. Going to make some dough and do pulled pork pizza on a stone out one the grill one day and smoke a brined, bacon wrapped venison roast the next.

take a jar of Valsic saurkraut, pour off the juice and rinse in colaner. Add carroway seed, baby carrots, cubed potatoes. Take your boston butt (shoulder roast), season with salt, pepper and granulated garloic powder and sear it in a heavy pan (cast skillet) Put it in a crock pour the kraut combination over the roast and let er go til "fall apart" tender.