• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Hills are snowed in.

Cheetah

FYI for anyone planning an early trip out for the opener this weekend...

The Black Hills got snowed in from the storm last night. I heard on the radio that Rapid City got 20 inches. My aunt and uncle live SW of Rapid and my uncle measured 3 feet on the deck this morning.

It has been a drought winter up to now, only a few inches total.

not to mention the interstate on 90 is closed. I think they got it opened back up from Sioux Falls to Mitchell.

Its pretty bad down here in SE SD, with the ice and wind. Gonna only get worse with heavy wet snow coming tonight and tomorrow.

Last time we were out there we got 3 feet and it shut us down for a day. Some areas ended up with almost 6 feet. I unreal how fast it melts there in the spring. I've been out there twice now during or a day after a major snow storm and was hunting in short order afterwards. Just be aware that some areas may not be huntable longer than others.