• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Trainer Recommendations

Rather_B_Fishing

I have a female black lab who is now 5 months old. She is very fiesty. I would like to get her trained in obedience and upland bird hunting. I am currently considering the following trainers: On-Line Retrievers in Ogilvie, Stevenson Gun and Obedience in Ramsey, Elk River Kennels in Elk River, and Cannon River Kennels in Randolph. Does anyone have any input on any of these places? Or recommendations for another? Thanks for any replies.

I have used Holzinger kennels. Out of Prior lake.Terry is a great trainer and person.He is one of the top trainers out there by far. l Also recommended sauk river kennels .

I can vouch for Terry as my GSP pup was trained by him last spring. She just took first and third place in the US Open puppy pointer top gun pheasant tourney this last weekend. He does good work. Coincidentally the 2nd place pup was my pups litter mate who was also trained by Terry Holzinger.

I also met Brian R from West Country Kennels out there and he has won a lot of tournaments with puppy's as well. Flusher this year.

I also had the opportunity to see a chocolate lab trained by Jake Kline (who also competes out there). The lab was run by my friend and they got first in ladies flusher as well.

All three trainers do good work, so which ever is closer to your vicinity you cant go wrong.

I second Jake Kline at Pine Creek Kennels. Excellent results with my now 11 month old black lab who had some very severe hard mouth issues and a little lack of retrieving drive. As said previously, he's in it for the dogs and owner!

A friend had dog trained by Holzinger and very good results. I had mine trained at Dokkens Oak Ridge Kennels in Northfield (that is wher Holzinger interned to be a trainer) Very satisfied and would use them again. Good luck with the new pup!

You will be very happy with Brian I have had one lab trained by him and my dad has had three. My dads one was trained back in 99 and he was the best dam dog I now have a pup that is his grandson and already have him signed up for the puppy program