• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Funky Chicken Decoy

leech~~

Well maybe it's not the new best thing? I may get one and try it out. The video they had on it really showed the big birds didn't care for it to much and would come right in for a fight.

The premise is that it will insite the bigger birds in for a fight. The long Red neck is a sign he is ready to fight. The videos looked pretty impressive where the other Tom's went right for him and did not pay much attention to the other hen dec. Kind of the skinny guy at the bar thinking he can whip everyone else! grin

I have a friend with one and has zero success with it. Junk IMO. Agreed with the DSD, Avians, etc its tough beating them. However their price tag is ridiculous. I wanted new decoys this spring and bit the bullet on some Avians. We shall see if they earn their keep in my bag.

bought a DSD hen last year... live hens were constantly coming up and picking fights with it. You talk about the best call you can carry... it's a decoy that pi$$es off a hen to sound off! The Tom's come unglued!

I did pick up the Avian Jake this year. Thinking I may have better luck with that if the Tom's are henned up.

Good Luck!

Ken

I ordered one last night and will hopefully have it by Thursday when my season kicks off. I generally buy one deke a year to build up my supply but I also bought a Primos b- mobile Tom as well. Not many birds where I hunt and I really want to get my 12 YO son a bird as he has been hunting since he was nine and has yet to get a shot at one.